The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 14 of 28

Scriptures and religious instruction aside, - Page 14 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 16th Apr, 2007 - 11:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
17th Apr, 2006 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 14

I think one of the greatest books that I have ever read is "The Chrysalids" it was introduced to me as a literature study during secondary school but the message was powerful

I remember reading this book as well in secondary school. Basically, those who were deemed to not be in God's image were outcast to the Badlands as you would call it. Turns out that a group of kids in the 'Goodlands' had telepathic powers and could communicate with each other. Of course this kind of gift was not deemed right and the story follows the kids trying to keep this from the elders. A good read, if you can find it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2006 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

Read You Book The

The best book I have ever laid eyes on, have ever put my nose into, and have ever read and studied is the Book Of Mormon. What a amazing book it is, and it is truely the word of God. I love the messages inside of it, and how whenever I need guidance I look into it, or ask my Father above.

Post Date: 8th May, 2006 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I'm an avid reader so choosing one book is very difficult.

After a lot of thought I choice Raymond E Feist's Magician,yes its run of the mill fantasy but it sucks you in and refuses to let go.A heart warming tale that no matter how many times I read it I'm still captivated by its wonder

Post Date: 28th May, 2006 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 14 Read You Book The

The best book I have ever read is A Tale Of Two Cities. It centers around the French Revolution and tells of the unlawful imprisonment of Dr. Alexander, of his new life after being released, and of the sacrifice by Mr. Carton, giving up his own life because of his love for Dr. Alexander's daughter.

I loved reading this book. I loved especially the part where Mr. Carton says to Dr. Alexander's daughter that since he came to know her, he regretted his wasted life and that although he thought of starting over again, it was just a dream which he knew would end in nothing.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2006 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

My favorite book has to be Brave New World by Aldoux Huxley. The premise behind it fascinates me and it is well written to boot. It has alot of philosophy in it and is set in a futuristic "perfect" society, who's flaws are adeptly pointed out by a "savage" outsider (which would be someone like you or me).

30th Jan, 2007 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

So many books to pick from. I went through my Anne Rice phase years ago; I survived my George RR Martin craze; and currently I am fixated on the 'Realm of the Sword' series by Philip S. Dow. The second book just came out and it delivers a medieval fantasy that trumps even the first of the series.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2007 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 14

The scriptures, of course, and various studies and works on the Gospel rank first in my mind and heart.

Other than those...

Very Far Away From Anywhere Else by Ursula K. LeGuin is very powerful. And only 96 pages long (my version of it). Unfortunatly I let a friend borrow it in July and still haven't gotten it back...

The Harry Potter series is great, I'll admit. I love them.

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight and New Moon are both amazing, even though I'm convinced I'm in the minority as far as guys go and the ratio of guy fans to girl fans is probably 1:1000. They're not *that* much of a chick book. rolleyes.gif

The Odyssey by Homer was wonderful, 'though those whom the freshman English curriculum of my high school applies might strongly disagree.

Other than that I can only think of specific authors who have published a variety of good works: Asimov, Clarke, Zelazny, Shakespeare, and others...

16th Apr, 2007 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 14

Scriptures and religious instruction aside, the kind of genre I enjoy most is a novel. I can't choose just one best but among the best is "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee. I can read this book over and over, as long as I wait a year or so between readings.

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,