The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 19 of 28

One of the best books you can read is "Back - Page 19 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 5th Aug, 2012 - 12:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2012 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 19

Name: Fay

Comments: One of my top favorite books to read is The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell, has anyone read it?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2012 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

Read You Book The

Favorite books....thats just hard to narrow down.

I'm a fantasy chick myself, anything that can't happen in real life, better happen in my reading.

I'm currently reading the House of Night books....I have yet to acquire the last three in the series.

I am also currently reading the "Warrior" series, it's more for my Daughter, but I find the lives of these four clans of cats, very entertaining and we own the first, three sets of books from this long line of books.

But my ultimate Favorite read, that I can pic up any of the series and open to any page and just be ingulfed, instantly back into the story line. Is the Dark Jewels books by Anne Bishop.

Imagine it. A world were women hold the highest cast. Yet, the roles of court and family all combine in a wonderfully delightful dance of respect, love and a twinge of fear. Where magic is the gift from dragons, and your jewel and cast, help determine the course of your lives.

(laugh) Magic!

Post Date: 7th May, 2012 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Name: Journal

Comments: This might be odd but after keeping a journal for over 20 years I've found them to be the best I've ever read because its about me... My joys and sad times, challenges and successes.

Post Date: 28th May, 2012 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 19 Read You Book The

Probably one of the following:
-Time Cat, By: Lloyd Alexander
-The Odyssey/The Iliad, By: Homer (I did read a kid version)
-Percy Jackson & The Olympians series, By: Rick Riordan
-The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants, (the first one) By: Ann Brashares
-Redesign Me, By: bUZzYReCKy*
-Harry Potter Series, By: J.K. Rowling

*Redesign Me is a fan-fiction that I read, written by bUZzYReCKy, on the website "Animal Crossing Community". The story is about a young girl who is taken from her family because she is different from most humans, and placed in a sort of mental hospital, where she is surrounded with animals (characters from the game Animal Crossing). The story is continuous, so it is not finished.

Reconcile Edited: monkeydoodle on 28th May, 2012 - 2:42am

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2012 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

To Phoenix Unlit: The books you describe sound great and I'm going to check them out.

By the time I finished grade school I had read every book in the library, plus my own Nancy Drew library and other assorted books at home. My parents said I didn't read books, I inhaled them. It is true I am a speed reader and was very glad of it when in nursing school, reading hundreds of pages daily.

I'm the only person I've ever known who got into trouble for reading as a child. I couldn't put books down. I read while I dressed for school, on the bus, in a tree with an apple...wherever I went.

I can still hear my parents pounding on the bathroom door like the Gestapo - "Come out now. We know you're in there with a book." after I'd been laying in the tub reading for an hour. biggrin.gif

Or getting in trouble for hiding under the covers with a flashlight and book when I was supposed to be going to sleep...because I was almost finished and just had to see how it all ended before sleeping.

I love just about any kind of book if it's well-written, but lately I've been into fantasy books. Richard Jordan's Wheel of Time has just blown me away. That someone could assemble such an array of characters, plots, miniplots, and keep it cohesive plus intriguing over a 15 book series. It's really amazing. One more book to go, unfortunately outlined by Jordan but to be written by another due to his passing.

I've read the Bible all the way through several times. As a child, my father and I read together every night before bed and that was my first time reading the Bible all the way through...and most memorable, even if I didn't quite grasp much of it. The experience of reading it with my dad is precious to me.

So...(drum roll) the number one book ever for me is.... The Holy Bible.

3rd Aug, 2012 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

LadySaoirse you are definitely the queen of reading! You made me laugh about getting in trouble for reading but I'll bet your knowledge has expanded so much! I've read a couple from the Nancy Drew series they were entertaining no doubt about that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2012 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 19

Thanks for the "Queen of Reading" title, that's amusing, but reading has definitely blessed me in many ways...knowledge, opening my mind, enjoyment, escape from the real world at times.

I had already read all the 'childhood' books by end of grade school and by middle school proceeded to more mature classics such as "Wuthering Heights", "Gone With the Wind", "The Count of Monte Cristo" etc. I was reading books much more advanced than my own personal emotional and developmental levels. For example, my parents almost stroked out when I was in the fourth grade and announced that in "Mutiny on the Bounty" men stranded in a lifeboat had to drink 'their own body fluids' to survive.... My parents both like to read, and suddenly books began disappearing from our bookshelves, like "To Kill a Mockingbird".... That's pretty funny when I think about it. I still remember the look on their faces and I didn't have a clue what I'd done at the time. It was just something I'd read in a book that amazed me. I tested out as reading college level by eighth grade, but again, many books I had to read again when older to fully appreciate. My appetite for reading could not be sated, it was almost an addiction; and I still read an average of one book per day unless it's over 4-500 pages.

There weren't any children near my age in my neighborhood, so I grew up mostly around adults and had to amuse myself. It fed my love of books. I truly cannot choose a favorite book, there are too many I love and have read multiple times. I love all types of books, if well-written.

I have loved mysteries and scary books since I was young, always tried to find something to frighten me but actually, in my entire life I've only been spooked by a book twice (both times in the dead of night), Bram Stoker's "Dracula" in sixth grade and "The Entity" by Frank De Felitta as a teenager. I still have never found a book as creepy to me as "The Entity", based on a true story, and I've collected all the popular horror authors, such as Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Frank Herbert, Dan Simmons, Peter Straub, and so on. I loaned "The Entity" to my cousin (when both of us were in our 30's) and warned her not to read it at night. She ignored me, tried reading it at night - ended up packing her kids in her car, going to her mom's house in the middle of the night. Try it, anyone out there who likes scary books - it is chilling (all the more so because allegedly based on Doris Bither's life story). It is graphic, so be forewarned.

For Christian reading, "Hind's Feet in High Places" by Hannah Hurnard, remains one of my favorite books and I learn something new each time I read it. I often give this as a Christmas present to friends who like to read. It is a wonderful allegory of Christian life.

I've seen some books described on this thread that sound intriguing and am making a list. My local library is great about ordering books for me from other libraries within the state. They always say they'll have to charge me a few dollars, but never do - maybe because I often buy books at the library sales and then donate them back to be resold after I've read them. If you haven't done that, it's a good way to get cheap books and support your local library, too.

A couple of interesting books I've read lately, "Healing and Regeneration Through Color/Music" by Corinne Heline and "Survivors of Atlantis" by Frank Joseph. Intriguing, both of them, in different ways.
The first book had some theories and information regarding healing I found interesting, as a nurse. The book "Survivors of Atlantis" has a lot of anthropological information in it about different world cultures and common elements found throughout the world around the same time, theorizing that survivors of a calamity spread in different directions taking their knowledge of, for example pyramid building, with them to many parts of the world. It is well researched and presented in a compelling manner.

I will revisit this thread again with more recommendations later. There's a wonderful world of books out there for us all to enjoy.

5th Aug, 2012 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 19

One of the best books you can read is "Back to Eden" by Jethro Kloss. He is one of the pioneers in herbal cures but it is a real eye opener because he was years before his time. There are updated editions that his children added to it using modern science but its one of the best books that I still reference today.

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,