The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 20 of 28

QUOTE a book also needs to be believable for - Page 20 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 28th Dec, 2012 - 8:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2012 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 20

Author Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson & The Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, and The Kane Chronicles series) has made such a difference in my young grandson's life. He has Asperger's and focused on a narrow range of activities - LEGO's and video games seemed to dominate his life for many years. It was a struggle getting him to read his school assignments. Then he began reading Riordan's different books and has now fallen in love with reading. He has moved on to other writers and series such as FableHaven, Ranger's Apprentice series, Brotherband Chronicles and Deltora Quest books. His interests continue to expand.

For about the past 1 1/2 years, since reading his first Riordan book, he has progressed to carrying a book with him everywhere he goes, reading on the school bus, in study hall, and at home. We have seen a significant change in him. Last school year he was transferred from special education classes to regular classes with some accommodations and graduated 7th grade with an 80% overall GPA (in earlier grades he struggled even in special education classes). Reading and English once his worse subjects, now have become his best classes. He enjoys history also.

Not only has reading helped him in academics, but we have watched him mature at a greater rate in other areas since he reads more and are so happy he has discovered the 'magic' of reading. It seems to have made all the difference for him at this point in many ways.

Sincere gratitude for Rick Riordan and all the authors who write children's books. I hope they realize the difference they can make in a child's life.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2012 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

Name: Schinz

Comments: Not for everyone but my particular favourite is The Republic by Plato. Reading can be entertaining as well as eye opening!

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2012 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Yes, I prefer Plato's writings regarding Socrates such as "The Apology of Socrates" and "Phaedo".

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2012 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 20 Read You Book The

Name: Salt

Comments: I like to read the Book of Psalms every now and again. There are many valuable bits of wisdom there religious or not a lot of it is still applicable even today.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2012 - 9:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

I agree about Psalms. It was truly created to inspire and comfort us. So much wisdom contained within that can help us as we struggle through this earthly life.

2nd Oct, 2012 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Maybe not the best I've ever read but pretty close is 'The Black Dahlia' by James Ellroy. It's part fiction part real life murder case that makes you think about the way we look at ourselves and those around us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Dec, 2012 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 20

I don't know if the book I"m about to present was the best I"ve ever read, but it was probably the one I finished the quickest. I completed it in one sitting. While I love to read, I still am not one to read in this manner.

The book was called One Second After by William R. Forstchen. It describes a small North Carolina town's survival after an EMP attack on the United States. It was such a major event yet the novel being so localized really kept the story from being about the even and more about the characters. While I read fiction because it is just that-fiction, a book also needs to be believable for me to enjoy it. Forstchen has an excellent voice and an authority on the subject matter he presents.

28th Dec, 2012 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 20

international QUOTE
a book also needs to be believable for me to enjoy it.
I think that is what make a great fiction book, it sends you to that universe. I like the Honorverse created by David Weber, and the best Sci-fi book I've ever read was On Basilisk Station, the first Honorverse book written, and one that pulls you into the stuggles of the main character, Commander Honor Harrington, and makes you want to know more about this amazing woman.

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,