The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 21 of 28

The best book I've ever read? - an - Page 21 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Jul, 2015 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
3rd Mar, 2013 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 21

Ray Bradbury is indeed a genius. The best book I've ever read would be [An Impossible Question To Answer], but as a whole, The Wheel of Time series. I was thinking of starting a thread for it if I can't find one.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2013 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

Read You Book The

I am waiting for the last book in the wheel of time series to be released on nook books so I can read it. Once that is done I will go back and re-read all the books again. I think the Wheel of Time books were a very nice read. Along the same token as Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. Two series that you could get lost in. I still have many other books that I consider good reads too. I would list them but that would take me a few hours.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2013 - 9:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I think the best book I readied was Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent by Eduardo Galeano, it is such a great book, it was quite difficult to me read it all because of some lacking of specific knowledge from me.
As for fiction books, I think it was Game of Thrones, the first book of A Song of Ice and Fire, it was such an intense book and a briliant introduction to a whole new world, and easier to read than The Hobbit.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2013 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 21 Read You Book The

My favorite book (which would be the overall best book I ever read) is "1001 Arabian Nights," the Husain Haddawy Translation. I have read "Arabian Nights" in many different translations, but I discovered Haddawy's translation over a decade ago and it is the best.

The book is full of fantastic tales of morality. It has humor, tradition, social problems, and lyric. I would suggest everyone read it if the have a chance. Please get this translation as a good translation is very important when reading any work that was written in another language and in very distant time period.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2013 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

The best book I have read? But there are so many! Ah, well.
The best single book I've read is A Game of Thrones (well, I'm currently reading.). But the best series is Piers Anthony's Xanth Series. It has about forty-five books in it right now, and is still being written. It is very funny and ridiculously logical and intelligent. Though there is a lot of parts about sex, in this world people "Summon the stork" And other such joking matters (the books are filled with puns.).

23rd Jun, 2013 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

The best book I have ever read would be the Bible. My favorite chapter is Corinthians 1 chapter 13. Its what I strive for in my being, to be the definition of love. Also there are so many good books that I love and enjoy from; Game of thrones, Lord of the rings, Dragon lance novels, (Just about any fantasy books) to the Left behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. That would probably be my second favorite series of books. The story line setting is modern day revelations from the Bible. Although it has a lot to do with the bible it also has a lot of action and excitement. I HIGHLY recommend reading that series.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Aug, 2014 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

The Book You Read - Page 21

It is difficult to choose one but I really like the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Call me "Young" But I felt like I was part of it all.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2015 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 21

The best book I've ever read? - an almost impossible question to answer for a non-believer like me. The bible of course does contain a lot of inspirational stuff (And some pretty dull begat lists too). The book that I was most surprised by was 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. A present from my brother-in-law. I thanked him, wasn't interested in the cover or blurb on the back so there it sat on my shelf collecting dust.
Years later I took it as a desperation read on a long holiday. It was like reading a dream where I had no idea of the plot but I was enjoying the moment so much I didn't care. My relationship with the cover image, a sombre South American family who'd observed me joylessly for years from my bookshelf changed completely. I came to love them all and images from their stories still burn in my memory twenty-five years on.
Not everyone likes Garcia Marquez of course, but many who do love him. Take a look.

And thanks OmegaLaz for your recommendation of "1001 Arabian Nights," The Husain Haddawy Translation. I've always wanted to read this classic, voted book of the millennium, but as you say, so much depends on the translation. My birthday's coming up and my Mum always wants a suggestion - so thanks from my Mum too!

Edited Message Edited...
Support: merged

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,