The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 23 of 28

Ninja, I love the Silmarillion as well. It - Page 23 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 18th Apr, 2017 - 4:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2016 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 23

Personally I advocate the reading of the DragonLance series. The Hobbits's of course, and throw in a bit of the Shannara novels as well. Dragon Riders of Pern can't be left out of mention. Now the book that did me the best in life, honestly and yes it's weird but, the dictionary. Ones grasp of the written word depends on a healthy understanding of what one can comprehend literally literally.. (*laugh* see how I did that? Is funny!).

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2017 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

There was one book, long ago in high school, where I very literally could not put it down. That is, not without great difficulty and getting in trouble at home and school.

What was this book? The Sight by David Clement-Davies.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 3rd Jan, 2017 - 6:53pm

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2017 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I find that tough to answer, especially if there is insistence on a single book, as most of my favorites are series that I consider as a whole. The Wheel of Time series, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, etc.

But picking just one book, I think I might need to settle on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Its far from the most… edifying tale I've read, but it remains an excellent story, and certainly the most humorous.

In this context though, I should also mention the first book I became obsessed over. Redwall by Brian Jacques. I wore out two copies of that book before entering middle school, not to mention several others in the series. My interest has largely waned, but when I have children, it will be on their shelves.

4th Jan, 2017 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 23 Read You Book The

As yes, Redwall is very much a classic in many ways and I do have a great fondness for the series that has been so long since I've kept up with it.

Well growing up and in high school I did make well on keeping up with the series, but into adulthood I lost track of it with life making me busy. I have had interest in returning to it, though particular from starting from the beginning and reading through each book and turn.

Admittedly, when I went to start the process over again and do so, I found myself unable to finish the first book. Still, if I have the time and I'm able to keep my focus, I do plan on moving forward with such a goal and rereading the series.
-------

Another series I might very well recommend is that of the Horus Heresay for the Warhammer 40k universe, though admittedly it's like 20 or 30 books in the series right now. Still, though they are written by different authors and the quality may not be the same from book to book, it is a pretty amazing series with quite a bit of detail.

When I had read many of the books, particularly Fulgrim, I did find myself being swept in by the tragedy and drama as it were going so far as to find myself wanting to have certain characters come to their senses and realize what they're doing. Where I saw the direction they were going and I saw the mistakes that are making and I'm like "No, why aren't you realizing what is going on!" Laughs, go despite this I always felt that what was going on made sense even if it was frustrating. In a good way, mostly.

Still, I would not recommend this series for everyone and even for me it can be a bit much given how Warhammer 40k slogan is "In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war". The characters in the series are all flawed, all falling in a grey or black morality, with no hope in sight have a good ending or bright future.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Jan, 2017 - 7:25pm

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

This is a difficult decision. I would say that I love the Eragon series, also known as the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I've already read this fantasy epic about 5 times or so and I can not stop reading it.

Another favourite series is probably the Warriors Series by Erin Hunter. I am not finished with it, but what I can say is that, in my oppinion, the books get better and better all the time.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would say that the entire Divergent Series is amazing, I love them so much, they were the first books that ever made me cry, I would give anything to erase my memory and re read the series again and again!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 23

I'm a history buff and I'm a fantasy lover. I liked The Hobbit a lot I love the LOTR. So, my single favorite book, that I've read ten times or more and have made notes in and dog-eared until the corners are close to falling off is The Silmarillion. Many don't like this, but it is right up my alley. There are other works the I love… many have been mentioned here by all and sundry. But if it's a single book, it's this one.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 23

Ninja, I love the Silmarillion as well. It takes some work to get past the beginning. I don't many people that have read it. I love reading about the First Age. The heroes in LOTR such as Aragon and Legolas are merely shadows of what men and elves were like previously.

The stories of Feanor, Finwe and the other elves. Turin and Luthien. They were grandiose stories of doom. As powerful as they were the forces of evil were moreso. I would love to see some movies based off of it. They would be truly epic.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Apr, 2017 - 4:04pm

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,