The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 6 of 28

I read "Years Best Fantasy 2" it's - Page 6 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th Jul, 2004 - 2:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2004 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 6

I read alot so it' kind of hard to decide but if I had to pick one book, it would be In His Image. It takes place in this quasi-apocalyptic world and is about a guy named Christopher who was cloned from some of Jesus's cells found on the Shroud of Turin. One of the reasons I liked this book is because it deals with cloning and genetics which I find really interesting. A very well researched book, I couldn't put it down.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2004 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

I'm surprised no one mentioned any Dragonlance.
By far the best in fantasy,esp.when Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are doing the writing.

My favorite book in the series is Book 3 chronicles Dragons of Spring Dawning.Very entertaining,you will not put it down.Start with book 1 and finish the chronicles,then read Legends,then read Dragons of Summer Flame,this would be the best order for beginers,total of 7 books.There is plenty more than that,but after reading these you can decide for yourself what comes next.

If you read Lord of the Rings,this will blow you away.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2004 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Well, I've read lotsa books, but two really stand out in my mind as my favorites. The first is the wonderful Lord of the Rings. I fell immediately in love with these books. After the first time I read the books I'm positive I completely left this Earth. I was roaming Gondor and riding in Rohan, and for a second there I was sure I had pointed ears. tongue.gif Anyway, I loved them.
The second are called the "Warlord Chornicles". These tales of Arthur are quite different than those before it. The author-Bernard Cornwell- was born in England and took all the stories and combined them to his liking. And the result was intriguing. Amazing portrayals of politics in the Middle Ages. And truly real battle scenes. Loved it. biggrin.gif

~Rydderach~

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2004 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Read You Book The

my all time fav book has to be Ferinhiete 451. Im all about how wrong censorship is, and this book is like...the best at showing just how wrong it is.

i suggest you all go out and read it instantly, if you want to continue reading your wonderful books smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2004 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

Best fantasy book is without a doubt The Demon Awakens by R.A Salvatore. Other great ones in the genre is The Hobbit, The Cornicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, Dragonlance, Echoes of the Fourth Magic, Silmarillion and most works by Salvatore.

I also like war drama, but it has to be true stories. Das Boot and Haie und kleine Fische is by far the best I have read.

But my absolute favorite book is Tom Brown's Schooldays. It may not be the literary epic masterpiece of all time, but it's the book I enjoy reading the most. It brings me good memories from back when I was a kid. Nothing beats reading a book about boys doing pranks everyday when you ARE a boy doing pranks everyday, and rereading it years later. Hm... The golden years indeed.

Corvus

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2004 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I didn't think anyone but myself had read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant !
I have The First Chronicles and the Second Chronicles and also Mordants Need, The Mirror of Her Dreams.

I haven't been able to find Daughter of Regals and Other Tales or A Man Rides Through.

Several years ago I went on-line and looked up Stephen R. Donaldson. I was quite surprised to find that he is quite a prolific writer. Some day I will have all of his works and all of Isaac Asimov's too.

I just can not get into Simarillion. I like the rest of Tolkien's works, though.

Xtra, have you read the first books by V.C.Andrews? Did you know she died 19 Dec 1986 at the age of 62. Her first published book was Flowers in the Attic"(1979) then seven years later she published one after another: "Petals on the Wind" (March 1980), "If There Be Thorns"(March 1981),"Seeds of Yesterday"(Dec. 1983),"Garden of Shadows"(1987). "My Sweet Audrina"(1983), "Heaven"(July 1985), and "Dark Angel"(Oct 1986), "Fallen Hearts"(July 1988). Then her relatives and her editor put their heads together and decided to keep the money coming in and kept on putting out books. IF you read these first and read them in order, you will be able to tell when others took over the writing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2004 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 6

I like fantasy books a lot. Really. I've never cared for and will never care for those silly self-esteem books that tell you how to live your life. I just find it extremely stupid to not want to follow your OWN feelings and to have to read in a book what to do about your problems. It is up to you entirely and only.

Anyway, smack me, but the books I love are: Artemis Fowl (by Eoin Colfer) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner form Azkaban by Joanne Kathleen Rowling. The stories are both fascinating and full of magical creatures and beautiful settings. And I just love those kind of books.

I saw the series of David Copperfield and it was really, really great! I can only assume that book was great too. But I don't doubt that. Other books that are absolute classics (and I've never read, shame on me...) are: Jane Eyre, Pride and Predjudice and Wuthering Heights. I just admire epic love stories like that... *sigh*

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2004 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 6

I read "Years Best Fantasy 2" it's not one story but many short stories all combined together. I absolutly loved the book and my favored short was "Firebird" I still cant get my hands on the first volume! It driveing me crazy!

I have also read Ella Enchanted and found it ver sweet! It was absolutly nothing like the movie, but both in their seperate plots were wonderful (call me corny, but I like a few childrens books, they tend to hold more creativity and ALWAYS have the happily ever after ending... i love that...)

Poe writes fantastic bits, even though some are unusual and spastic. The Black cat particulary caught my intrest. Why? I have no idea, but it did. (Now I think I'm getting carried away... I'm addicted to books, particulary fantacy and sci-fi)

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,