The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 7 of 28

I like Peretti's books as well, but - Page 7 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Sep, 2004 - 3:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 7

At first I wasnt a reader, But as soon as I read the first sentence of the Everworld Series by K.A. Applegate, I was hooked. I bought the whole series, red all the way to the last book, then I stopped. I didnt want to read the end cause I knew what would happen. Or Did I? I thought about it and I knew it was the perfect ending for it. And ever since then I have'nt read the last book, I only made up different endings, it's a good idea really, but soon i'll read that book, soon...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2004 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

the best book I have ever read? that is hard, since I have read so many books. I can't name just one, but perhaps a few book series instead. The Wheel of Time, Dragonlance, Sword of Truth, and the Incarnations of Immortality. All of those excpet the last one are still going on, and highly detailed. And if neither catchs your fancy there, at least read the first book in the Incarnations of Immortaily, the books can stand on there own but use the same characters, by Piers Anthony. It is called On a Pale Horse, and it is about a man who takes on the role, of death.

27th Jul, 2004 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Probably the best book I've ever read is The Green Mile by Stephen King. I must have reread it about five times, I actually finished it (again) this afternoon.

What an incredible book! It's incredibly thought provoking and made me really feel for the characters. Also, I enjoy novels written in the first person, from the protagonist's point of view. By the end, I felt terribly sorry for John Coffey, angry with the parents of the two victims, and I felt almost a friendship, an empathy, and an understanding with Paul Edgecombe.

This book was initially released as montly serials in 1996, and in 1999 it was made into the movie with Tom Hanks and Michael Clarke Duncan. I have to say that the movie is quite possibly the closest adaption of a book I've seen. About a third of the way through the book for the first time I decided I had to see the movie; I did, before I'd actually finished the book, and I'm disappointed with neither. The movie is in fact one of the most played in my DVD collection.

29th Jul, 2004 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Read You Book The

This one is quite difficult. I have been an avid reader all my life, or at least once I learned to read. That is thanks to my mother who read to my brother and me every night. I can remember the first book I ever read, it was Winnie the Pooh, and I still have an affection for that bear. If I have to choose just one book that touched me it would have to be "Huck Finn" by Mark Twain. I read this book years ago in high school and it was so good the teacher would warn me about reading ahead of the class. What can I say I loved to read then and I still do. Although now I don't seem to find the time as much. An author that I have read over and over again is Agatha Christie, her books are like candy to me. In the same vein is Rex Stout whose books I have read several times.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2004 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

The best book that I've read so far is The Amber Spyglass, the third book out of His Dark Mataerials Trilogy by Philip Pullman.

-Ivy

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2004 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer is one of the best books I have read so far. It is a huge book but it is the kind of book that you could not simply put down. It tells the true story of Gary Gilmore a notorious cold-blooded killer who insisted on dying for his crime.

[QUOTE]Probably the best book I've ever read is The Green Mile by Stephen King. QUOTE]

The Green Mile is also in my list of best books. I happened to read the chap books long ago. Aside from darkness and thriller, the story also conveys about racism and capital punishment. I have seen the movie ,too and thought it givies justice to the book.

Right now, I am reading Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. It is a story of the author's childhood, the impoverish life he was living with his family, and how it was growing up with prideful yet irresponsible parents. It was a desperate and sad story of how life was for him and yet it was filled with humor. Also, a book worth every second of your time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2004 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 7

i'd have to say that Frank Peretti's "This Present Darkness" and its sequel are my favorite books. helped me out with my imagination and helped me to write a book of my own. biggrin.gif

1st Sep, 2004 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 7

I like Peretti's books as well, but they aren't extremely well written. Very interesting plot ideas, but, of course, I disagree with a lot of his theology. Still, I think I have read all of his books (unless he has brought something out within the last couple of years - I haven't checked recently). They certainly are fun to read.

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,