The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 9 of 28

The best book I ever read is Take My Hand. - Page 9 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 19th Mar, 2005 - 12:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 21st Jan, 2005 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 9

One of my favorite books of all time and that I reread periodically is The Stand by Stephen King. I also found out that he was inspired by a book called Earth Abides (can't remember the author's name, sorry.) And the funny thing is I had read that years ago, and thought what great apocalyptic "end of civilization as we know it" stories they were, but never associated the two until I read Kings tribute or dedication or whatever in The Stand. Now I can't find the book Earth Abides again, but am still looking for it; I think it is out of print. Another good 'end of the world story' that I really enjoyed is "Lucifer's Hammer" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jan, 2005 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

Medicvet, you intrigued me by your description. I just looked up Earth Abides on our local library site. It is by George R. Stewart. I just put a hold on it, so that I can read it.

Lucifer's Hammer is also one of my great favorites. Dean Ing's Pulling Through and Systemic Shock, along with Heinlein's Farnham's Freehold all deal with the same basic subject matter, and do so extremely well.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2005 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I don't have so much as a favorite book, but a favorite series of books. Terry Brooks Shannara series is my favorite. I have read the entire series 4 times, get every new book in the series and am working on collecting all the first edition first release hard copies of each paper back I own. The stories of Shannara are intricate, indepth, exciting, and over all entertaining. I'm always on the edge of my seat till the end is revealed!

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2005 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Read You Book The

There are two for me. Gulliver's Travels, for it's satirical view on humanity, and Apt Pupil. Gulliver's Travels's author, Jonathan Swift, is one of my favorite writers, and Travels captures the essence of his style. As for Apt Pupil, it chilled me to the bone, and really made me think about things. King is a brilliant writer.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2005 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 15-Oct 02, 3:08 PM)
What about 'The Little Prince', is a story for kids and adults...I Highly recommend it too smile.gif

I have a quote from that book as one of my 'signature lines' at a site...

What is essential to the heart is invisible to the eye..

or something like that..sorry..should've pasted it. wink.gif

and Farnham's Freehold ranks right up there with 'The Puppet Masters' and 'Job: a comedy of Justice' with my favorite Heinlein books! Also enjoy: Friday, The Cat who could walk through walls, Starship Troopers (some lovely ideas in that one!) and Methusulah's Children.

Reconcile Edited: MEDICVET on 28th Jan, 2005 - 4:45am

28th Jan, 2005 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

There is a book by Robert Bork that I found really interesting. It is called Slouching Towards Gomorrah. Bork is the famous US Supreme Court Nominee that was rejected in 1987. He has a very keen mind. In this book, he looks the decline of Western civilization and morality. While you can dispute his fact, and you will, it is a very interesting read. Approach it with a open mind and you might actually take something away from it. It definitely opened my eyes to watch out for the small changes. They always add up.

Give it a read,

Vincenzo

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2005 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 9

The best book I have ever read was the thief of always. I am not sure who wrote it but it is one of the greatest books of all times. It is about a boy who is board and wishes for some fun. He is invited to the holiday house a place were your every wish comes true. were every morning is spring every twilight is halloween and every night is x-mas. I won't spoil any more but I will say there are more climaxs in this book then any other I have ever read.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2005 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 9

The best book I ever read is Take My Hand. Maybe, just maybe, it is because I wrote it. However, if you insist I pick another book, I would have to ask which category. I think each genre can have a favorite. I think the bible is wonderful. Every time I read it I get more out of it. I also found some novels excellent, although I don't do much fiction reading. I liked Tom Clancey's earlier work, but I'm not too impressed with his later works. I did like To Kill a Mockingbird. I also liked The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. One book I read recently and found excellent is Roy Schoeman's Salvation Is From The Jews. Very powerful. I thought the DaVinci Code was mostly junk supported by poor scholarship.

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,