The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 10 of 28

I love the Harry Potter books and Lord of - Page 10 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd May, 2005 - 4:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2005 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 10

The Theif of Always was written by

It's hard to say what my favorite book is. The Dark Tower series is by far excellent. I've read it several times, love it. Also, the Otherland series by Tad Williams, the Sword of Truth novels by Terry Goodkind. All these are fantasy books, I highly recomend them. But I think my all time favorite book is called True Adventure Stories of the Sea. It is an excellent book, filled with great information about the past. It is edited by Peter Grey. Excellent book.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2005 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

I would have to say Dan Browns books. Angels And Demons, The Da Vinci Code. I also think the Old Testoment is interesting. I have read the Book of Mormon all the way through once.

14th Apr, 2005 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons so I agree with jvalen on his opinion there. However, the Old Testament as interesting reading? Not sure I see it. Parts of it yes, but the book as a whole?

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2005 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Read You Book The

QUOTE (funbikerchick @ 14-Apr 05, 5:12 PM)
I really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons so I agree with jvalen on his opinion there. However, the Old Testament as interesting reading? Not sure I see it. Parts of it yes, but the book as a whole?

Parts of it. I like for the fact it was written BC. Wile everything else is written AD so its interesting what they wrote before Christ died. Its all kinda like a mystery.

25th Apr, 2005 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

Nighthawk said:

I just looked up Earth Abides on our local library site. It is by George R. Stewart. I just put a hold on it, so that I can read it.
Have you read this, Nighthawk? I remember reading it in high school as a sci-fi book club selection in my English class. Great book! What I remember most was the very end when.. well, if you haven't yet read it, I'll not spoil it for you wink.gif

One of my favorite books of all time is a children's book... well, maybe an older children's book... called "The Teddy Bear Habit." I can't remember the author, but the last time I tried to search for it at the library I was told it was out of print. That was one of the funniest books I've ever read. About a kid who was having a hard time giving up his teddy bear as he grew older, and how embarrassing it was to have to explain the presence of this ratty old teddy bear at different times... and some great comedy in between. Excellent book... I'll have to search for it again.

Roz

25th Apr, 2005 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

I got it, and gave up on it about half way through. I found it very boring.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th May, 2005 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

The Book You Read - Page 10

QUOTE (funbikerchick @ 14-Apr 05, 5:12 PM)
I really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code

As I wrote on an other thread, I find the book week as a novel.

My favorite is Coelho's "The Alchymist". I also like the writings of Orson Scott Card, Isaac Asimov, Jeffrey Archer, Wilbur Smith, Tom Clancy and many others. I must not forget Stephen Hawking's "A brief history of time". The man is surely a genius, one of the BRILLIANT MINDS of the world.

22nd May, 2005 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 10

I love the Harry Potter books and Lord of the Rings. I go back to them again and again. For a single book, I have recently read two very good ones. Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West was a lovely read. It was more philosophical than I expected. Even better was Yann Martel's Life of Pi. Every time I read it or teach it, I find something new.

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,