The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 11 of 28

The best books I've ever read were - Page 11 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 24th Jul, 2005 - 2:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 24th May, 2005 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 11

Best books: all the Aubrey/Maturin novels by Patrick O'Brien.
All of the novels about ancient Greece by Mary Renault.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2005 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

I would say that the best book I have ever read would have to be Faith of the Fallen, in the Sword of Truth Series, by Terry Goodkind. After that however the series, at least in my opinion, degraded quite a bit into a rant against communism.

4th Jun, 2005 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

My favorite book is still the Lord of the Ring trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. Although Tolkein stated that his books were not a reflection of what was happening during his life or a reflection about life there are many lessons to be taken from the books. How power unchecked can corrupt or how apathy by a group of people can allow evil to spread. To top all of this off the books are just fun to read.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 11 Read You Book The

This is quite an obvious answer but never mind. I like all the Harry Potter books especially "The Goblet of Fire". I think they are so well written and you can get into them so easily. Once I start reading Harry Potter I can't stop.
Another book I have read that I thought was incredible was "Night" by Elie Wiesel. It is one of the saddest things I have ever read as it is about the holocaust. I cried a lot whilst reading it but I would still recommend it to anyone. It can give you a greater understanding of what really went on.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2005 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

I liked the earthsea Trilogy. They came out with a movie that didn't do the books justice (then again, when do they?) It's by Ursula K. Le Guin. Aside from being close to classic, the story and plot are very in depth and each book can stand alone without having to read all three. Dragons, magic, dams in distress, is there anything more to ask for?

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2005 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My favorite book has to be The Season of Passage by Christopher Pike. He mostly writes Young Adult fiction, but has a few Adult novels out, whatever that means. I love his work. He always manages to get a great spiritual aspect through without detracting from the story-line.

He may be an aquired taste, or perhaps only an open mind is needed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2005 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 11

The Latest memorable book I've read is The Impossible Will Take a Little While - a citizen's guide to hope in a time of fear. edited by Paul Loeb. This is a collection from political activists, like Mary-Wynee Ashford (former president of the International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War, who explains her efforts in disarmament, and how "breaking the silence is ... the most significant thing we can do as individuals."
What other resources besides books can help us to break the silence?

24th Jul, 2005 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 11

The best books I've ever read were Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I've got them all and I must say they're great. It's not the usual vampire fiction.it's much greater. It gives the whole vampire myth more depth and meaning. They made vampire series and movies seem hilarious and outrageously unrealistic.for example it did not support the whole "stake through the heart" scenario.basically it revolutionised the whole myth. Although, I should admit that the last 2 books in the series were a let-down. In any case, Lestat is such a loveable character that reading anything with him is a treat so I can hardly complain.
Besides that, there's of course Harry Potter, Dan Brown's Angels and Demons & Da Vinci Code, the works of the Bronte sisters and John Grisham, The Story of San Michelle by Axel Munthe and the sci-fi children's series Animorphs (when I was younger).

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,