The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 12 of 28

QUOTE (Fortress @ 23-Jul 05, 9:52 - Page 12 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 4th Dec, 2005 - 3:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2005 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 12

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

I checked on-line as I couldn't remember the author's name. Now I quote exactly what I would have written (if I were so skilled). I concur completely with this Amazon review;

"This is an astonishing work of imagination that will delight and stun readers in equal measure. It is a triumph of storytelling and a tale that will, as one character puts it, make you believe in God. What more can any reader ask?"

Janet Evanovich is classified as a mystery writer - I"d say her novels are "light reading". She writes a marvelous series whose heroine is Stephanie Plum (a Jersey Bounty Hunter). This stuff is Hilarious and what I would call "comfy bedtime reading". I prefer not to read scary stuff (like Stephen King or V.C. Andrews) when aft, I"ll attempt to collect my thoughts and drift off to sleep. I know - I"m a wimp.

I digress. lipsrsealed.gif

Over the years, I couldn't seem to wait for the next "Stephanie Plum" paper-back novel to come out; subsequently I own the first ten in hard-cover.

Stephanie Plum gets involved in some pretty scary situations - the stories are not all "fluff". But there is a wee bit of lovin" tossed in for good measure. I saw Ms. Evanovich at a reading once (Indigo Book Stores). She is a charming lady who told her fans that she has sold the rights and a movie could be in the makings soon. At the book store reading, I was the lucky door-prize winner - winner of four books I already owned. It was nice to have autographed copies too.

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
I read this while a jr. in college. This story revolves around a particular young lady and the incredible existence after a "futuristic holocaust". I couldn't put it down and have read several more of Margaret Atwood's writings since. "Cat's Eye" is a great story too. I received "Alias Grace" as a Christmas gift and have yet to read past the first chapter"¦ I too, seem to do more reading on-line these days. Years later the "Handmaid's Tale" movie came out but it didn't compare well with the book at all. I felt compelled to explain it to other viewers.

I have also enjoyed John Grisham, Arthur Hailey, Sidney Sheldon, James Patterson, and Jules Vernon"¦ Okay, okay"¦ I"ll stop!

This was a fun exercise. Thank you. I made some notes for future readings.
TantiJay - on my first day.

Sponsored Links:
1st Aug, 2005 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

In agreement with Anne Rice, but the first book I read of hers was the Witching Hour, and I could not believe that one could write a story that grabbed your attention and made you feel as if you were there, seeing the events unfold as you read the pages.

The vampire chronicles are also awesome, and it is sad that she has ended the saga forever.

I still love the work of Philip S Dow though. Medieval Fantasy is my first choice when searching for a book, and Realm of the Sword is awesome. Realm of the Sword - Blood and Tears - is soon to be released, and I am anxiously awaiting this one also. It is as if an underground group of writers have come together, for I have read articles where these guys write together, continuing each others' stories, with such detail and enthusiasm that the writings go on for days, with little time to keep up.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2005 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I'd probably choose any of the Lord of the Rings books. I just like Tolkien's writing style.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2005 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 12 Read You Book The

No one may agree, but I slightly liked the 12 Inuyasha Series, By K.A.Applegate.I found that his mix of Gods & History is very... Good. He even added aliens and odd mythological creatures. It's about five teenagers that get sucked into a magical world of gods by the Norse god Loki's son Fenrir *A wolf*.
But they only find out that he was going for a girl named Senna, whose mother was a manipulative witch from the realm. Heres some of the titles...

-Search For Senna
-Land of Loss
-Enter The Enchanted
-Realm of the Reaper
-Discover the destroyer
-Fear the Fantastic
-Gateway to the Gods
-Brave the Betrayal
-Inside the Illusion
-Understand the unknown
-Mystify the Magician
-Entertain the End

This twelve short book series might not be the best but I loved it.

starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> Inuyasha </p></div>

</div><div style=

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2005 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

My favourite books would be "The Voyage of The Jerle Shannarra" trilogy, by Terry Brooks. The books had me enthrawled for days, I was non stop reading them until I finished the trilogy.
I encourage yoy all the give the series a go, It is a fantasy based trilogy.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2005 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think the Book of Mormon is the best book that I ever read. The Articles of Faith by Bruce R. Mckonkie is the next best book. Then in terms of history, I read Brad Gregory's Salvation at stake about the martyrs of Europe. I also have read the Philosophy of Bruce Lee which I enjoy since I am a Chinese person. I do not have a chance to get behind on my reading, because I am a historian and every book I read is very good. I read at least 1 book a week at the most, because I speed read. -John

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Dec, 2005 - 9:32am / Post ID: #

The Book You Read - Page 12

Best book I ever read would have to be a tie between Anne Rice's Tale of the Body Thief and The Complete Works of Shakespeare. Although there is a book my little sister promises to get me when she visits thats like 20000 pages of "Dragonlance" type storys. If its as good as she says it is I might have to edit this in January! laugh.gif

4th Dec, 2005 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 12

QUOTE (Fortress @ 23-Jul 05, 9:52 PM)
The best books I've ever read were Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I've got them all and I must say they're great.

My two favorite books also comes from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, "The Vampire Lestat" and "Menoch the Devil." I borrowed "The Vampire Lestat" from a friend when I was in high school, not realizing there was more to the series. I was immediately drawn into the world Ms. Rice created. To my delight, there were more, so I began collecting the rest in the series. "Menoch the Devil" intrigued me with its examination of good and evil and Lestat's place in this world. I also recommend the books from the witches series. She creates so many rich characters. I recently bought her latest, "Christ the Lord." I would love to hear from anyone who has read it and get your opinions on it.

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,