Lost Civilizations

Lost Civilizations - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 4th Feb, 2005 - 2:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2004 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Lost Civilizations
A Friend

Lost Civilizations

Has anyone done any research or is knowledgeable about the civilization of Atlantis?
Do you believe that this ancient culture really existed or just a hoax?
What are you thoughts or beliefs on this matter?

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jan, 2004 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Civilizations Lost

I think there is a lot of evidence to suggest such a place as Atlantis did exist. The question is where. There are many places possible and they are all around the world. I have seen several shows on this subject investigating certain sites that could be Atlantis. Evidence has been found of sunken cities, but no one can be sure one of these is Atlantis.

I doubt there was all the "magic" or future technology in Atlantis that some suggest. To me that is probably myth more than truth, but I would bet there really was a place called Atlantis that no longer exists. As people tell the story generation to generation, it gets embellished so that the story we now hear today probably is not very close to factual.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2004 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Lost Civilizations
A Friend

Lost Civilizations UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I believe a place such as atlantis did exist,I also believe they were highly in tune with earth and what the earth itself is capable of,could this be what led to their doom?
I also believe they had much to do with the development of other cultures around the world.
I find them to be every bit as factual as the Myans or the Incas.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2004 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Lost Civilizations
A Friend

Civilizations Lost

i dont belive in taht place, i mean if it did exist how did they know about its name and about the island if they havent found it yet! or founf the remians under the sea

26th Apr, 2004 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Civilizations Lost

Atlantis is intriguing and as someone who has studied the mythos of a few cultures, it certainly is a recurring theme.

Perhaps it has its origins in the lost City of Enoch or from the biblical Flood.

The Celts believed in the Blessed Isles that lay off to the West (which is where Tolkien's ideas come from). The Cornish (Cornwall, England) tradition teaches that a land once existed west of Cornwall called Lyonesse which sank into the waves (there are some interesting evidences for this but nothing solid).

I think we need ot remember - despite what some scientists may say - an awful lot of this planet has not been explored (and that is especially true of "the Deep").

Dubhdara.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2005 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Lost Civilizations
A Friend

Lost Civilizations

To true, one cannot dismiss fabled lost islands out of hand simply because there is plenty of open under water realstate that has not been explored. Maybe one day we will know for sure, it would be interesting to find out what their connection to humanity is, what did they influence and so on.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Feb, 2005 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Lost Civilizations

I haven't study much about the Atlantis but maybe some of you did. I would really like to know what is the theory about how these people were able to survive in the deepest of the waters and where they came from. I'm very curious about it.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2005 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Lost Civilizations
A Friend

Lost Civilizations Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I certainly believe Atlantis did exist. Maybe not so developed like we see it in different pictures but there was something there after all...

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Lost Civilizations

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,