music lessons

Music Lessons - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Jan, 2004 - 12:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2003 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

music lessons
A Friend

music lessons

I m an avid jazz fan strange for my age group but i love it.This is the lyrics of a song sung by Billie Holiday'
If you think the words are haunting you should hear it when she sings it.

"Southern trees bear a strange fruit/Blood on the leaves and blood at the root/Black body swinging in the Southern breeze/Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant South/The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth/Scent of magnolia, sweet and fresh/And the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck/For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck/For the sun to rot, for a tree to drop/Here is a strange and bitter crop."

Sponsored Links:
8th Apr, 2003 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

lessons music

If you did not tell me what kind of song that was I would think it was from Ozzy Osbourne!

Is there an interpretation of it?

8th Apr, 2003 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

music lessons Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I like Jazz too, I'm not a fan of it but it definetly sounds great to me smile.gif

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2003 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

music lessons
A Friend

lessons music

it's about the lynching that took place in the southern parts of the USA. the strange friut refers to the bodies of the blacks and other minorities that were hung from the trees.Some of the men were beaten and castreted, hence the blood.I did understand the words until I did some reading about her music , it was wrtten by a white jewish guy.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2004 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

music lessons
A Friend

lessons music

Yes, ive heard that song-i learned a lot about it. Its actuly a funeral procession song. and all the rest is true. It was very controversial..(sp) because most of billy holidays dans were white people. When she came out with this song, it talked about how blacks were being discrimiated against and showing the horrors of the life of blacks.....it is truely a beautiful song underneath the morbid gothic images

> TOPIC: music lessons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,