Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

Sexual Harassment Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Apr, 2003 - 10:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »

?
Poll: [Added 24 March, 2006]: What do you think about the level of Sexual Harrasment in T&T...
  It is ridiculous, tougher laws are needed       60.00%
  It is really bad, but is now an 'acceptable' culture       26.67%
  It is bad, but I live with it       0.00%
  I really have not thought about it       13.33%
  I am guilty of this and need to change       0.00%
  I am guilty of this and will not change       0.00%
Total Votes: 15
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Why do women in Trinidad & Tobago have to be disrespected and persecuted? If you are fed up of it come let us know!
22nd Feb, 2003 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in T&T

It makes me really mad how bad the situation is in Trinidad and Tobago regards to sexual Harassment. You cannot walk in peace in the streets without hearing somebody that tells you something like 'Hi baby, you need help?' or trying to speak to you in your own language!. They even see you walking with your own child and they still telling you something! Can you believe that! You are even in your own porch trying to get some fresh air and you still getting a dummy who throws kisses to you and talk to you and you don't even know who is it!

I'm TIRED, FED UP of this NON-SENSE!

To some Trinidadian men: PLEASE stop being so rude, disrespectful and vulgar. Instead of thinking so much with your pants, use your brains (If you have them!) is not there just as an ornament, but to USE IT!

24th Feb, 2003 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

It makes me really mad how bad the situation is in Trinidad and Tobago regards to sexual harrasment. You cannot walk in peace in the streets without hearing somebody that tells you something like 'Hi baby, you need help?' or trying to speak to you in your own language!.

The ironic thing about it is that when you look at the man who is doing it, it is usually someone that can pass for a vagrant or bandit or drugs dealer. Seldom do you find someone clean cut and business like doing that (but yes, I do know there are those out there). As far as why they do that... they think they are cool, if you were walking down the road with a man and the man was tough looking see if they would do that! They are wimps!

5th Mar, 2003 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I found this article in the Trinidad Express. I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one that experiences the same thing!.

Hey, whitey!

By Nancy Cowden

"Hey baby! Hey baby! Hey!" And no, it is not a "No Doubt" song. I hear this every time I leave my guesthouse. "Hey, whitey." "Hey, princess." "Lovely." "Beautiful." "Sexy." "Darling." And then there are all the kissing sounds. Half the time I don't know if it is aimed at me, or the other females I am walking with.

But I don't think it really matters, since the guys here don't seem to be too picky.....

https://trinidadexpress.com/expresswoman.as...ge=expresswoman

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2003 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

LOL ,, sorry for you Mam,,,but 60% of the women love the attention,, But I agree that some men take it to far, some women on the other hand don’t even know how to take a good compliment from a man, many times I have said good morning hoe are you, only to get that look! What so good about the morning! And by the way Men are subject to sexual harassment by women very often in today world

17th Mar, 2003 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

sorry for you Mam,,,but 60% of the women love the attention

I think men want to believe that, and that's why they keep doing it plus, Trinis need to understand this. Just because one girl for instance took it good, it doesn't mean the next one will be happy about it too, you understand what I mean?.

But I agree that some men take it to far, some women on the other hand don't even know how to take a good compliment from a man, many times I have said good morning hoe are you, only to get that look!

Yes, they take it far like when you're walking with your child and they still telling you something! that's unrespectful in my opinion!. Now, you said you have said good morning and how are you to someone and you got 'that' look...you didn't say if it was in Trinidad or in the USA laugh.gif if it was in the US be careful man, you will get sued so easily (you know Americans).

If it was in Trinidad then did you know the girl you was saying good morning or how are you? I bet you didn't! that's the thing. What do you expect from the woman if she doesn't know you?. Now, I'm not trying to be mean. I do accept compliments of people that I know, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. All the opposite it makes you feel good but with Trinis sad to say sometimes you try to be nice and they think you like them and they started tellinevery timerytime they see ya how beautiful and blah blah blah you are. I mean, I am not dumb, you will not impress me by that. I'm glad if someone thinks I am beautiful for instance... but don't over do it because then the intention it's not just to say something nice but something else... you know what I mean?.

And by the way Men are subject to sexual harassment by women very often in today world

Oh definitelyinetly. I go to the gym three times a week and I see that a lot. Funny enough are not girls doing it but women in their fifties!

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2003 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I  think that this form of artifical male ego building is a supliment that some men have to take every day.If they don't they may go bald or lose their sex appeal or something!!!
The song buggaboo is just the song for them. However I have a few lines of some prose  I wrote a while back that  it's a  good laugh.

Darkie, Reds, Honey, Family

Yuh looking good to eat
Why yuh don't come, and get to know my teeth personally

Baby,Darling

Yuh don't know what you does do to me
You could be the medicine to my allergy, be my night nurse, take care of me.

Girl, I could drown in your eyes
and I would do it for spite just to get the kiss of life

Your bra size look like a 32 b, but that could improve to a 'c' after taking lessons with me.

Girl you so right yuh wrong
They say two wrongs don't make a right but I don't think you would agree with that after tonight.

Hungry, here's sweet that should do for now,as for inspecting your teeth I'll gladly refer a dentist.

Drowning baby?let me get help I can't swim and I am crap at first aid.

ill ? I'll go call the nurse, you said night nurse do you have a cold?

How did you know? are you gay?, a drag queen probably? you know a lot about cup sizes.

Two wrongs don't make a right I agree,that's why opposites attract

You just have to be as thick as they are someties to get them off your back literaly.

29th Mar, 2003 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago

LOL@lafemme. Good prose girl!. It's good to know that other people seem to realize the same issue.

10th Apr, 2003 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

It's good to know that other people seem to realize the same issue.

It is fine for the women to see it but more important for the men to see it I believe.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,