Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 15 of 16

Name: George Title: Kidnappings Comments: - Page 15 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th May, 2017 - 5:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 
Kidnappings in Trinidad A big report by the BBC. Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate? Are we becoming like Colombia? Does the government acknowledge that there is a serious problem?
Kidnappings in Trinidad Related Information to Kidnappings in Trinidad
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 15

Factor in the extreme rise in murder rate in 2008 and 2009 when "Community leaders" aka gang leaders (And very likely the bosses of kidnappers) began killing each other and their gang members. Perhaps those chosen to be kidnappers were picked off. Just speculating of course. BUT it is true that the Manning initiative gave lucrative Million dollar contracts to the "Community leaders" and it's possible that those funds replaced the ransome monies. 2007 was before 2009.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2016 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

Name: George

Title: Kidnappings

Comments: What? A recording of a kidnapping for ransom? Tell me more. This must be something I missed or not yet fully reported in the media.

27th Mar, 2016 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

It hasn't been categorized as for "Ransom" yet but was noted because of how it was captured. You can read it in the Express: Keston Mahabir was kdnapped and the whole thing was caught on camera. See: Relatives coming to help search. Hopefully this will not turn out to be another murder victim.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2016 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 15 Trinidad Kidnappings

Name: Richard

Comments: They changed the statistics after the 155 year. Anyone who was abducted, but the ransom was not officially reported to the police, it is now categorized as an abduction, not a kidnapping. And we don't keep statistics on abductions, convenient eh.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2016 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

Comments: In my opinion because there is so much crime here of which kidnappings is a big money spinner for a particular mastermind of this particular crime and has grown out of proportion since it started over four decades ago. The police has decided to remove it from their statistics to reflect a decrease in the overall increase in annual crimes here. We must remember that last year there were 98 kidnappings here but only 3 were reported in the police stats. That should clearly indicate what has been going on here. The police just haven't got the manpower to cope, and must now resort to methods to justify their existence.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2016 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad

Comments: Kidnappings are now part and parcel of the criminal money spinner here. It is no longer classified by the police as a reportable crime unless it is associated with a ransom. The only persons that could verify that it is ransom related are the police and the relatives of the victim, and without this information, the public will never know the truth.[..] In my opinion, the mastermind who organised almost all the kidnappings on this island in the past decade is still at it in a big way. It is just that kidnappings are now not reflected as a crime unless it could be proved that it was ransom related.The kidnappers only have to threaten the life of the victim if the relatives disclose the fact that a ransom was demanded.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2017 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Kidnappings Trinidad - Page 15

Warning About PH Taxis

The woman, who did not want to be named or photographed, said her intuition saved her from a well-orchestrated plan by a gang of three people, among them a female driver of a “PH” car she got into to head home. Ref. Source 5q.

Post Date: 15th May, 2017 - 5:22am / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 15

Comments: For some time now I have been trying to figure out the reasons as to why the police have reclassified kidnappings and, why they now, as they say, only report kidnappings that are associated. With ransoms. The non reporting of the crime of kidnappings on this website have miraculously dwindled from a peak of 155 reported cases in 2007 to nil. Why? We are still a haven for all types of criminals,and citizens are still being kidnapped here.Kidnapping remains a money spinner in any criminal environment. Sooner than later I suppose murders too, will be reclassified too and only perhaps murders of passion will be reported or, perhaps non at all on this island. Now I read this morning that a policeman was accused of being a local kidnapper. Could the change of how kidnappings are reported here have anything to do with policemen being kidnappers here? I don't care what the police here may say, but kidnappings for ransom or not, is still recognized,and reported as a serious crime by police authorities all over the world. The question is why is it treated differently here by our police? I am all ears.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: Kidnappings in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,