Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 5 of 16

That is why the government needs to focus - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Nov, 2003 - 9:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »
Kidnappings in Trinidad A big report by the BBC. Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate? Are we becoming like Colombia? Does the government acknowledge that there is a serious problem?
Kidnappings in Trinidad Related Information to Kidnappings in Trinidad
10th Oct, 2003 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 5

I didn't know you need a 'license' to protest in this country!!!!!!! :smile.gif it's ridiculous!!!! they arrest somebody for protesting against crime for not having a license and the kidnappers, robbers and murderers have a free license every day in the streets of this country! shame! shame!!! shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links:
11th Oct, 2003 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

my point exactly LDS!!!

i really dont understand it.

and of course, the recent situation hasnt helped one bit!!

did you read about the Pooran family where the kidnapping was staged just to get $40,000 ransom??  :o

these people are perpetuating the problem!...they are making a joke out of it and giving the police a reason to treat these crimes as petty matters  >:(

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2003 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Has anyone looked at the newspapers yesterday? I'm not sure which one, but one of them had an article stating that Trinidad is is 2nd behind Colombia in kidnappings and the world is taking notice.

Would anyone have ever believed that fellow Trinis would have become so self-centered as to not respect or value human life?
I cannot believe that I have to watch for strange cars as I pull in my driveway or think of an escape route just in case someone is following me. Is that anyway to live?
As for the 19yr. old Pooran boy, I think that he deserves whatever is dished out to him.  Maybe in prison he'll have time to think about the consequences of his actions.

20th Oct, 2003 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Trinidad Kidnappings

[quote] Has anyone looked at the newspapers yesterday? I'm not sure which one, but one of them had an article stating that Trinidad is is 2nd behind Colombia in kidnappings and the world is taking notice.[/quote]

Wow, I didn't know that!. This is terrible! and then we have to hear the Prime Minister saying that  it doesn't affect the average citizen? oh boy...he lives in dreamland or what?.

[quote]
Would anyone have ever believed that fellow Trinis would have become so self-centered as to not respect or value human life? [/quote]

I'm not a Trini but having living here for a while I would say, I have seen how the attitute of the people is and I'm not particularly surprised or amazed....but then again maybe someone that has been living here for more than 20 years can give more insights about this and compare.

[quote] I cannot believe that I have to watch for strange cars as I pull in my driveway or think of an escape route just in case someone is following me. Is that anyway to live? [/quote]

I hear you Alana, I do that all the time! no, is no way to live...this is 'survive'. sad.gif

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2003 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Trinidad Kidnappings

I read this article from the Trinidad express, this is a quote from former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani  "You should not negotiate with kidnappers, he declared. He said he knew emotions usually ran high and that it was believed that the ransom money would result in the kidnap victims being freed. But, he added, it was the payment of ransom that made kidnappings a business."
"You dont want it to be a crime where they can easily get money but where they can be caught. Do not make it a worthwhile crime."

10th Nov, 2003 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad

It easy to say in theory, but when the object lesson to make it not a worthwhile crime is your own mom, dad or child you tend to think differently.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2003 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings Trinidad - Page 5

That's so true. I agree with you and was thinking the same thing when I read it even though I feel that some things he said is logic, because it does take money to keep a business up and running.

10th Nov, 2003 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

That is why the government needs to focus on prevention rather than cure. They are looking for a cure after someone is kiddnapped rather than a way to prevent kiddnapping from happening.
[offtopic]I enjoy your posts. If you want to quote some text you may want to look at the thread about how to quote and offtopics in the welcome board.[/offtopic]

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Kidnappings in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,