Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 6 of 16

I have heard this 'talk' before, - Page 6 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 7th Jun, 2004 - 4:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (16) »
Kidnappings in Trinidad A big report by the BBC. Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate? Are we becoming like Colombia? Does the government acknowledge that there is a serious problem?
Kidnappings in Trinidad Related Information to Kidnappings in Trinidad
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2003 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 6

Hi JB Thanks for the tip, and i did go there but i counldn't find the instrutions on how to quote, just give me time I will figure it out.... or some step by step instructions will help smile.gif i appreciate your comment and i enjoy this site.

Sponsored Links:
10th Nov, 2003 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

Yes, I think Trinis have to focus on the important issues rather than worrying about fetes and partying, so when I see one taking the time to post enlightening replies I am happy.

Offtopic but,
To learn about how to do the quotes click here.

Post Date: 18th May, 2004 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

What be happening with Trinidad? Kidnapping, kidnapping, and even they take the son of a Senator, no one safe. This country not serious with crime, this be a small country and yet so much big crime?

22nd May, 2004 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Trinidad Kidnappings

They take the son of a senator and killed him! This was so terrible, this country is becoming hell then the media go and ask the Prime Minister what he thinks about this situation (The Prime Minister was in a sport activity) he said he had no comments and to please let him finish the day in a nice way rolleyes.gif
What the heck is wrong with this guy????

6th Jun, 2004 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

THE MANAGER of the Trinidad Hotels and Restaurants Tourism Association was rescued by police on Friday night after she was abducted on Mucurapo Road

Twenty-five-year-old Nikesha Spencer has been missing since last week Saturday

I used to live in Trinidad but now live in the US. I would love to come back to vist but when I see headlines like these I am afraid to bring my family there. It was nice to read that the little girl 'Saada' was found and returned to her mother. But she was abducted right out of her school.

6th Jun, 2004 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad

Unfortunately these headlines are so common now that we are getting 'used to it', now that is what is more scary. My heart is always in my hands when my wife goes out. When I hear people say 'Sweet T&T' I often wonder what they are referring to? If given a chance many would leave this place, I know I would.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jun, 2004 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad - Page 6

Criminals targeting rich Indians

By PRIOR BEHARRY

Saturday, June 5th 2004

HEALTH MINISTER John Rahael yesterday said it was a fact that Indo-Trinidadians were wealthy and therefore the victims of crime.

Speaking in the Lower House on a private motion by St Joseph MP Gerald Yetming to end discrimination in all forms, Rahael said Indo-Trinidadians were in the majority of kidnap victims "and the reason for that has to do with wealth, and that is a fact".

This was touched on briefly earlier in the discussion but I wanted to get some more opinions on whether this is truly the case. It would make sense that the wealthy would be targeted, but I know some people in the discussion did not seem to think that there was a trend in the kidnappings.
Here is a quote from todays Express about another recent kidnapping of a wealthy individual. I guess if you want to feel safe in Trini then you need to be poor.

Gas station owner kidnapped on eve of 71st birthday
-Ucill Cambridge

Monday, June 7th 2004

THE owner of Nunes Gas Station, Belmont was kidnapped yesterday morning-on the eve of his 71st birthday.

Alvin Nunes of Huttonette Drive, St Ann's, was at his gas station at the corner Reid Lane and Belmont Circular Road around 9.35 a.m when three men in a car pulled up, police said. They shoved Nunes in the vehicle and sped off.

7th Jun, 2004 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 6

I have heard this 'talk' before, but I am not sure if it is merely coincidence more than targeting a specific group. In the past syrian, white, and negro races have been targeted and at one time it was irrelevant wether you were rich or not since some were asking for small amounts like TT$5,000 ransom. However, it seems that is big dollars that talks so the rich are being targeted.

> TOPIC: Kidnappings in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,