Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 8 of 16

I read somewhere previously (unfortunately - Page 8 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 1st Apr, 2006 - 9:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (16) »
Kidnappings in Trinidad A big report by the BBC. Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate? Are we becoming like Colombia? Does the government acknowledge that there is a serious problem?
Kidnappings in Trinidad Related Information to Kidnappings in Trinidad
5th Feb, 2005 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 8

What is wrong with you people?? rolleyes.gif

GIRL FAKES KIDNAP
Would do it again for boyfriend 'Mad Max'

KYNA RAMPERSAD, who faked her own kidnapping, said she was sorry about causing her mother pain, but would do it again to get money for her boyfriend.

The 18-year-old and her boyfriend, Sean "Mad Max" Joseph, also 18, both pleaded guilty to wasting police time when they appeared in court yesterday.

Rampersad, a University of the West Indies Sixth Form student, told the court she was "sorry for causing pain to her mother, but it was for a good cause"...

Magistrate Jasmath did not give the teenage couple an alternative of a jail or fine, but instead sent them straight to prison for nine months each...

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=59082208

Sponsored Links:
23rd Feb, 2005 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

It seems the trend now has turned into one of two things:

1. They kidnap you and you escape or
2. They kidnap you and you are never heard from again

The sad thing about it is this is such a small country.

24th Feb, 2005 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Since I travel every day I always think about what I would do in a specific situation. First of all, I would never allow the kidnapper to take me into a car, he will have to kill me right there in the street because I am not going to allow him to take me into a car. Second, if for some reason I end up in a situation where they are taking me as hostage definetly I would anything that is necessary in order to escape.

14th Mar, 2005 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Trinidad Kidnappings

It now seems that the new target for Kidnappers are teenagers with 3 being snatched on the roads in the past two weeks. Now parents will become increasingly worried about sending their children to school.

1st Jun, 2005 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

I have not visited this thread in awhile and it is not because the kidnappings have decreased, but they are so common now that it is not even 'news' to bring it up here again. However this particular news report is not only chilling, but shows that you have to watch yourself every waking second of the day:

BLUE BASIN HORROR
Couple shot dead in kidnap drama

On responding to the call later that night and venturing into Blue Basin, police rescued a near lifeless Ali who was reportedly shot in the throat and thrown over a hill. Ali is said to be in a critical condition last night at the Port of Spain General Hospital.

A distance away from where she was found, police found her car which had been burnt, and a short distance from that car police made the additional discovery of the bodies of a man and a woman in a car.

Investigators told the Daily Express the couple were shot and then set afire. The woman's face was said to have been burnt beyond recognition.

"But it looks like they were still alive when they were set afire and may have made attempts to get out of the car," one investigator said.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=80625876

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2005 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings in Trinidad

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 5-Feb 05, 11:32 AM)
GIRL FAKES KIDNAP

Well that sounds familiar as a fake kidnaping by a runaway bride here in the U.S.

It is just so wrong how a country can become so corrupted to not do anything about the crime that is going on in T&T but alas I am seeing it here at home probably not on your scale but I know places that you cannot stop at night at lights because you will get car jacked if you do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Aug, 2005 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad - Page 8

Look at one day's news headlines and just think, we are in a small island and yet they are kidnapping professionals and even children from cops!

COP'S DAUGHTER SNATCHED
The daughter of Police Corporal Narine Harrigin has been kidnapped and a $1 million ransom demanded for her return
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=94230319

Accountant kidnapped after visiting friend
An accountant returning to his Chaguanas home after visiting a friend in Belmont has been abducted.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=94230317

1st Apr, 2006 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 8

I read somewhere previously (unfortunately now I can't find the source) that Trinidad was 2nd in the world in kidnappings per capita. So much so that international anti-kidnapping units were starting to pay attention to the events occurring in this small island. This is one category I am sure the island does not want to be #1 in.

I also saw a newsflash the other day on CNN that caught my eye because it talked about Trinidad. It had to do with a kidnapping crime gang getting caught or something to that nature. Anyone have any more info on that? Seems like it happened recently.

> TOPIC: Kidnappings in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,