Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 10 of 16

As negative as this may sound I believe Vindra - Page 10 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Jan, 2007 - 6:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (16) »
Kidnappings in Trinidad A big report by the BBC. Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate? Are we becoming like Colombia? Does the government acknowledge that there is a serious problem?
Kidnappings in Trinidad Related Information to Kidnappings in Trinidad
29th Dec, 2006 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 10

A Coward Tax? Gosh, where is this country going? *shaking head* What I do not fully understand is why the people who have business and money rather to pay this "tax" instead of selling everything and leave the country? That's what I would do if I was them. I live here because I have no choice, otherwise I would be out of here long ago.

I heard the news about the attorney abducted, this is so scary.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 29th Dec, 2006 - 2:14am

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2006 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

QUOTE (LDS_forever)
why the people who have business and money rather to pay this "tax" instead of selling everything and leave the country?

Possibly because they make more money here than they ever could abroad. It is sad that they 'give in' though. However, I do wonder if this 'Coward Tax' is merely a rumor? It would seem more logical to pay for protection, unless they are not being with the kidnapping of self, but loved ones.

29th Dec, 2006 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Possibly because they make more money here than they ever could abroad.

To what cost? Their own lives? It doesn't make any sense to me. In the Express, this woman who have been kidnapped for two weeks and later released states that there are many more kidnappings going on but they are not reported because the families of the victim want to keep it "low" key.

2nd Jan, 2007 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Page 10 Trinidad Kidnappings

Vindra, CEO of Xtra Foods still in the hands of her kidnappers and two weeks have passed from her abduction. sad.gif Things are starting getting pretty ugly. Her daughter was kidnapped in 1998 and released two days later after a ransom was paid.

7th Jan, 2007 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

There is hope that Vindra maybe alive since no body has been found but hopes are diminishing as two men confessed to the police "We chopped up Vindra".

Police officers acting on a tip-off that kidnap victim Vindra Naipaul-Coolman was buried in a shallow grave behind a wooden house at La Puerta Avenue, Diego Martin, swooped down in the area at about 2 am yesterday and locked down an entire community for 12 hours.

Seven persons were held and a Glok 9 mm pistol seized.

Officers also seized clothing from a make-shift camp and handed it over to forensic officers. A man had earlier told police that he and other men chopped up Naipaul-Coolman.

At about 2 am yesterday, heavily armed police, soldiers and officers from the Special Anti-Crime Unit of Trinidad and Tobago (SAUTT), accompanied by tracker dogs went into the La Puerta area and began searching houses and dirt tracks leading to hilly areas.

The unprecedented searches in the dead of the night jolted residents who expressed concern over the presence of the lawmen.

Officers searched several homes and stumbled upon a camp.

The area was checked for fingerprints by officers of the Crime Scenes Unit.

Assistant Police Commissioner James Philbert, who led the exercise spent the later part of yesterday in a closed door meeting with investigators and forensic officers, sifting through some of the items seized in the exercise.

Police officers told Sunday Newsday that the investigation has reached a sensitive stage and the police had little time in which to make a breakthrough.

A 40-year-old man from the Central area has already been identified as the mastermind behind the kidnapping of Naipaul-Coolman.

He is reported to be in hiding...

11th Jan, 2007 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad

Trinidad is going to become such a bad country that not even foreigners will want to come for work or vacations anymore. If it wasn't for this concerned parent who saw what was going on, this child would have ended up kidnapped and who knows what worst. *sigh* NOBODY is safe here anymore.

KIDNAPPERS tried to snatch the daughter of a foreign worker outside an upscale preparatory school in Port of Spain on Monday.

The man, an employee with a service company in the energy sector, has reportedly quit his job to go back to his home in the United States.

Around 2 p.m. on Tuesday, the child was leaving the Maria Regina Preparatory School on Abercromby Street, when a car pulled up and a man tried to snatch the child, police say.

An armed security guard rushed out and with the help of another parent foiled the kidnap attempt.

The parent was in a car behind the kidnappers and when he saw what was taking place, confronted the men with his licensed firearm.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161080707

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 11th Jan, 2007 - 1:54pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jan, 2007 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad - Page 10

Update: This is an update on the kidnapping of Vindra Naipaul-Coolman. ALL the suspects have been freed since Wednesday and the Police reported that all the claims of suspects confessing killing Vindra or kidnapping her as stated in several newspapers are FALSE.

13th Jan, 2007 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 10

As negative as this may sound I believe Vindra Naipaul-Coolman is not alive. I believe if the person is not returned within a couple of weeks then it is likely you will not see them again. That is so disheartening for the family and the country as a whole.

> TOPIC: Kidnappings in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,