Racism In Trinidad & Tobago - Race - Racist
Racism In Trinidad & Tobago
Do you think racialism is integrated into society? Before you 'jump' to answer… Here are some questions to ponder from actual 'scenes' in daily life. Do not answer each question, but make a general statement as to if you think racists are rampant in our society.
1. If you were of African or Indian descent would you feel comfortable approaching a Syrian for a date without wondering if you will be rejected.
2. If you were going for a job interview at a known company and you sat on a bench that had a local white, Indian, African, and Chinese sitting on the same bench all with the same qualification and degree - who do you think will most likely get the job?
3. As an Indian would you feel comfortable wearing the typical african dress to your next formal occasion?
4. If you are a Syrian - do you really see yourself as 'white' knowing that in Britain you would be considered black? Further to this question… Do you find it easy to portray 'dominance' because your skin seems lighter?
5. If you saw a blonde blue eyed woman walking on the beach with a pitch black Rasla what is your first impression about them… They just want sex, the woman, easy, the Rastafarian rich, or they have real love for each other.
6. Executive Management in your work place tends to be dominated by what race? Conversely, what race tends to have the 'lesser' work?
7. Why do people choose political rulers based on race?
8. Do you think most residential areas are mixed or segregated?
9. Is schools based on race, money or intelligence. Depending on your answer which one seems to be dominant in the prestigious schools.
10. If a group of typical Trinidadian guys were sitting on a corner and several girls passed at the same time each from one of the typical races (White/black/indian/etc) and all were beautiful which one would the black guy go after, the Indian guy, etc…
11. Lastly, do you get angry if someone calls you 'nigger', 'Colliee', 'negro', 'honky', 'Chinee' or some other term or would you rather they give you a color such as… Black, white, brown, or would you prefer that they specifically name you by ancestral country such as Africa, India, China, etc?
12. If a salesman came to sell you a great deal - would you most likely buy it if he were Indian, African, Syrian or an European?
Okay so now what are your opinions or experiences. Please let us know what ethnic background you are from too and the circumstances of your situation if you had one.