Mimi's Cafe

Mimi' S Cafe - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Jan, 2010 - 3:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Review for Mimis Cafe
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2010 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe

What is your review for the service and dishes at Mimi's Cafe?

Sample Dinner Menu:

Fried Cheese
Parmesan breaded fresh mozzarella cheese. Served with warm marinara and Romano cheese

Crispy Zucchini Parmesan
Hand breaded fresh zucchini spears

Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders
Six crispy tenders

Spinach and Artichoke Dip
With sundried tomatoes and four cheeses

Sweet and Sour Coconut Shrimp
Served with Asian coleslaw

Griddled Pork Pot Stickers
With sweet and sour glaze. Served with Asian coleslaw

Blackened Chicken and Bleu Cheese Quesadilla
With bacon, jack cheese, tomatoes and green onions

Sponsored Links:
26th Jan, 2010 - 7:06am / Post ID: #

Cafe Mimis

Tonight, my family and I went to a franchise Mimi's Cafe for dinner. The occasion? My birthday!

It was really lovely. The buildings are decorated with colorful awnings and the landscaping is very flowery. It's very much a "chick" place to go! Inside, the paintings are French-style theater posters and French countryside landscapes. Wait staff wear red shirts and ties (even the women) and chef aprons. They greet promptly and give you a choice of seating.

The menu is varied and filled with rich, hearty, comfort foods like oven-baked pot roast, chicken fried steak, quiche of all varieties, muffins, hearty soups and salads. Also there are selections of pasta, fish, chicken, and delightfully decadent desserts. While you peruse the menu, they provide a little bread basket with sourdough rolls and sweet nut breads. The French-onion soup is really delightful (I didn't have it this visit, but I've been there before).

My dinner was a "threesome" of appetizer, entree, and dessert. I selected the spinach and artichoke dip with crouton (which is actually toast slices), the salmon and asparagus, and the cinnamon beignets for dessert. My son had the zucchini parmesan, pot roast, and apple crisp. My daughter picked the grilled chicken and fruit salad. Mom had the chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. Everything was cooked beautifully and presented nicely on the plate -- and everything that should have been hot was *hot*. Our server was a little over-anxious to remove plates from the table, which was kind of disruptive, but she was very attentive and took care of our needs.

I'm sure it was all hundreds of crazy calories! But everything was delicious, and mom said we'll be going there again -- often!

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2010 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Mimi's Cafe
A Friend

Mimi's Cafe Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Thanks for the review Farseer. We have a Mimi's cafe that just opened close to me. I was thinking about giving it a try. Now that I have your review I know I will give it a try and see if I get the same type of service.

I know I dislike it a lot when the wait staff is wanting to remove plates while I am still eating. It is enough to take their tip away.

27th Jan, 2010 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Cafe Mimis

What about the serving? Was it generous? One of the things I enjoy about some restaurants in the US is the generous amount of food they put in your plate!

28th Jan, 2010 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

Cafe Mimis

Yes, quite generous with the servings. Mom's chicken fried steak was actually two large portions with a huge pile of mashed potatoes and gravy and a nice portion of steamed veggies. It was enough to feed her for a couple of days! They even asked if she wanted gravy on just the potatoes or "on everything," which I thought was really cute.

They also have a "Just Right" or "Just Enough" selection, which is still very generous but isn't like a platter of food. That's what I ordered, so the salmon was only 4 ounces instead of 6 or 8, and really just a perfect portion for those of us watching our figures smile.gif Also, my son ordered this portion with the oven-baked pot roast and it was a nice bowlful of food - tender and delicious, too.

Yum! I'm getting hungry to go there again!

28th Jan, 2010 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

Mimi's Cafe

Wow, you are making me hungry Farseer! (the way you describe the food) Is this restaurant all across the US or only in California?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2010 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Mimi's Cafe

Isn't one of these near Disneyland? I remember going to one of these a long time ago. The food was great.

29th Jan, 2010 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Mimi's Cafe Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

The website shows the locations in most of the lower half of the US, east and west and south, but not much north. There are several in SoCal, so probably is one near Disneyland, Sleuth.

I'm craving that spinach/artichoke dip smile.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mimi's Cafe

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,