Working At 65 Years Old

Working 65 Years Old - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 9th Jun, 2010 - 3:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

British Equality and Human Rights Commission
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2010 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Working At 65 Years Old

Call for over-65s to keep working

People should be allowed to work longer and with more flexible hours, the Equality and Human Rights Commission says. Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
26th Jan, 2010 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Old Years Working

I'm all for human rights and all but in reality who is willing to hire someone at 65? I'm not saying that there aren't good 65 year olds out there that can hold their own but in reality most employers want young people they can groom.

26th Jan, 2010 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Working At 65 Years Old UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Hiring 65 year olds is a potential legal nightmare for employers. Basically, because firing anyone is a difficult thing to do once they get the job, employers must be very good at documenting the bonafide job requirements for a given position in order to legally descriminate and fire. I agree that people should be allowed to work and older people are perfect for certain jobs, but employers need be aware because there will be descrimination lawsuits.

9th Jun, 2010 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Old Years Working

I think it all depends on the individual. There are some very active, very bright 65 years old people who can do much better than your typical 30 something year old guy.

> TOPIC: Working At 65 Years Old

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,