Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 
25th Jan, 2010 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Warrior Cats RPG

JB, I have an idea would like to try and put together, a Warrior Cats RPG, you see, I am a fan of the three part book series by an Erin Hunter. The series are Warriors, Warriors; the New Prophesy, and Warrior; the Power of Three. There have been many people that have tried to start one, but problems with spam/advertisements, keeping activity up, players not taking the game seriously, and people who find this idea stupid and then saying things like "I kill all cats", that made these sites flop. Because of how International Discussion works, I feel it could work very well. The big one I would try hard to work with would be keeping activity up; my question is if I can get a certain number of members, and people outside of site who become members, that would be willing to try and get an Warrior Cats RPG going would you be willing to consider putting such a RPG together.
If yes, I have a few sites you can look over to see how it has already been done, and to see how they have failed.

Sponsored Links:
25th Jan, 2010 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

RPG Cats Warrior

I'm always willing to support and help RPGers that will bring something new and active, however there are questions:

1. In what way do you think it will be successful here given that it has flopped in other sites?

2. What certain number of Members will be participating in this, and will they be a problem or Mature Posters? As you may know we are not concerned about numbers here but quality so if you are bringing people that we are going to have to moderate constantly then we will not be interested at all.

3. Now you said if I will 'put it together', what do you mean exactly? I have enough to run as it is, so this will have to be something that you and your friends will have to run and manage.

25th Jan, 2010 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Warrior Cats RPG Reviews RPG & Card Board

Question Number 1: The main reason is because of International Discussion's strict rules, many of the problems I mentioned are ones you would not allow, spam/advertisements, players not playing a mature game, and deleting posts that have nothing to do with the game or insult it in somewhat, exc.
Question Number 2: Ones that are able and willing to follow all of the rules, and are able to keep their activity up., that's way I"m asking, because few other sites have the structure needed to prevent abuse.
Question Number 3: Sorry what I meant is I will need help with the initial setup, because it will be a bit complicated, the main forums would be Main (where one will learn what warrior cats rpg is about, and where a member that wishes to join will present their cat to be excepted), Thunderclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, Windclan, Moonpool (where medicine cats and leaders will go to speak to Starcaln), Mating Grounds (where cats will find mates, decide on how many kits, and what the kits names will be), Hunting Grounds (where cats will find and kill their food), The Borders (where patrols will guard the borders of there clan), Battle Zone (where battles between cats will be fought), and the Gathering (where the four clans will gather in times of emergency and during the full moon).
In each clan's area there will also be the different areas: Clearing (main area), Leader's Den, Warriors" Den (where most of the cats will be staying if not hunting, doing chores, or patrolling borders), Medicine Cat's Den, the Elders" Den (where those that have retired as warriors or queens will stay), Apprentices' Den, and the Nursery (queens and kits will stay).

My goal is to find mature players that would be able to help make such a set up work, and it be organized, and also take the leadership positions.

25th Jan, 2010 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

RPG Cats Warrior

That all sounds fine so long as you do not bring people here that we have to moderate consistently because they chose not to read the Rules and Policies.

Please keep the Threads you need to use to the Member Wars Board, I can then give them a unique icon as I did with KNtoran's AD&D.

It is also suggested that you Upgrade your account otherwise you will find yourself limited in many ways such as starting a certain number of Threads per day. If you cannot Upgrade then you will need to understand you have to work within the limits of your Membership in the creation of it.

25th Jan, 2010 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

RPG Cats Warrior

Ok, but I will still need help, I wont be able to do it alone, so is it ok JB if I post a thread asking for help to put everything together, and then to keep it going when started.

25th Jan, 2010 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Warrior Cats RPG

If you're asking for help to put it together then this is the Thread, already started where you are doing just that. Only when you are ready and have the details listed such as "Rules", "How to Play" and so forth do you make use of the Member Wars Board.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2010 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Warrior Cats RPG

I don't mean to intrude here, but I've run some games on forums, some tanked, some didn't, and I'd like to see Thomaslee be able to have a successful game but a few things bring me up short on his aspirations.

I'd agree ID would cut down on the more troublesome aspects of trying to run a pbp game, so that seems valid.

The keeping the activity up is kind of the crux - all the players we have in the AD&D game that have been there, are able to do this, but as you know there are quite a few to have just vanished, so while I agree ID is good for sorting the wheat from the chaff, there's nothing magic about it that keeps out people that go inactive, just so you understand there isn't any real answer to that, except for the GM also to stay busy and keep his end of the activity up as well.

international QUOTE
Question Number 3: Sorry what I meant is I will need help with the initial setup, because it will be a bit complicated

This already concerns me a bit, for someone to start off with "this is a bit complicated". Mainly what this says to me is that there is a lot of required understanding of the plot and theme and world, if you're not already familiar with it, as well as whatever system you use, even if it's as simple as a freeform post storytelling one. People can get into it and do it, especially those of your same interest in the genre and particulars of the game's mythos, but this level of minutia and immersion in an unknown series' world is definitely going to put a lot of potential players, even good ones, off, as being just too obtuse and obscure.

I played in a forum RP that was based on some book series, and remember having to have a basic grounding in the ideas behind a lot of what went on, and it was even run as a specific recreation of one of the existing plots, so so much of it was alien to me and I continually felt out of place and I'm not sure whatever happened to it, it just fizzled, even with at least six of us being active, besides the GM. It just seemed too "arcane", too "in-series" and exclusive.

international QUOTE
the main forums would be Main (where one will learn what warrior cats rpg is about, and where a member that wishes to join will present their cat to be excepted), Thunderclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, Windclan, Moonpool (where medicine cats and leaders will go to speak to Starcaln), Mating Grounds (where cats will find mates, decide on how many kits, and what the kits names will be), Hunting Grounds (where cats will find and kill their food), The Borders (where patrols will guard the borders of there clan), Battle Zone (where battles between cats will be fought), and the Gathering (where the four clans will gather in times of emergency and during the full moon).

Just wow. While the divisions make a certain sense, I have to say I think this could be way too ambitious for a lot of players, I can't speak to your own GM skills, which are probably fine, as you seem organized. With all these clans or sections, it looks like something suited to large groups of people, which I've only seen on very dedicated RP sites, and even one I was in just petered out even though we had 8 people. Not saying it won't work, as I've seen the other official RPGs here and all the threads, just that it almost seems overwhelming, in my opinion, and like there is a LOT of activities and interactions that require the direct active attention and adjudication by the GM, which I fear might get hairy or even tedious.

international QUOTE

In each clan's area there will also be the different areas: Clearing (main area), Leader's Den, Warriors" Den (where most of the cats will be staying if not hunting, doing chores, or patrolling borders), Medicine Cat's Den, the Elders" Den (where those that have retired as warriors or queens will stay), Apprentices' Den, and the Nursery (queens and kits will stay).

Again, wow. It is obviously a thoroughly developed and structured world, but I have to add that while maybe faithful to the book, a lot of these places and limited activities in each seem really superfluous and unnecessarily featured, as I can't imagine a lot of them having any player relevance, or very little.

But this is just my unasked for opinion, from an outsider's point of view, and I apologize if you didn't want it, but I felt it would be useful to you, and this isn't at all to deter you from doing it.

25th Jan, 2010 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Warrior Cats RPG Board Card & RPG Reviews

Thanks jpatt, I appreciate your options, and I understand you concerns, that's why I need to find a dedicated group willing to help me, if done right it should run itself. You see each Clan Leader, and there Deputy will for the most part be running the four clans, Medicine Cats will have contact with Starclan that will give through the medicine cats (and at times clan leaders") visions and prophesies on how to guide their clans and to give warnings. Warrior's will guide their apprentices, guard borders, and hunt for their clan. Queens will bring more warriors and help the clans grow.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Warrior Cats RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,