Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 
Dungeons & Dragons Monster
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2010 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Dinosaur

Dinosaur

What is your strategy for confronting the fantasy creature Dinosaur in Dungeons & Dragons?

Dinosaur Types:

Deinonychus
Elasmosaurus
Megaraptor
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus

More info on this creature: Source 4

Sponsored Links:
14th Jan, 2010 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Dinosaur

I guess that would depend on what level my character was. If I was level 3 or less I'd run and hope he takes one of the other members of the party. If I had some good aim I'd probably try to take the eyes out. If we had good magic then that'll be good too. I don't think there's much bargaining with a dino its either kill or be killed.

14th Jan, 2010 - 7:15am / Post ID: #

Dinosaur Reviews RPG & Card Board

Meteor spell, just kidding, seriously I would stand and fight. You cannot outrun a large beast like that. Your only option would be to fight. If a decent option was available for fleeing I would do that, if I was a really low level.

I would try and called shot it, in the eyes or neck, maybe in the ankle. Best case would be I hit with a critical and severely maim it or kill it, worse case would be I stand and fight bravely and die.

14th Jan, 2010 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Dinosaur

Dinos aren't smart so thats what I will use to my advantage. If you're in like open land then you don't stand a chance but in forest or with caves around maybe yes.

Reconcile Edited: play by post on 14th Jan, 2010 - 8:19pm

15th Jan, 2010 - 7:09am / Post ID: #

Dinosaur

I agree if you're using D&D as the system, it's all in the level - I ran a fight for a friend between his mere 7th level elven Wardancer and an Allosaurus, and though it wasn't a cake walk, those twin magical scimitars did their job for him.

If I were playing the equivalent of my Pit Fighter from Warhammer, if it was an obstacle that had to be overcome, I'd probably find some way to jump on it from above and use my great maul on it's head - I KO'd a polar bear with a punch once, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2010 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Dinosaur
A Friend

Dinosaur

The only problem with fighting a dinosaur is the fact that they have some seriously high hit points. If your low level better make sure there are a lot of you or run. If you have enough people and you have enough levels then it should be a interesting fight. While a dinosaur is low level intelligence they do forget that they should die easy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jan, 2010 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Dinosaur

A powerful magic-user could use a wish spell to just wish it away but I'm not into that character class so I haven't read up if there is a size and weight limit.

26th Jan, 2010 - 7:43am / Post ID: #

Dinosaur Board Card & RPG Reviews

On further thought, knowing they are huge beasts and probably known to the area before I wander into it. I would set a rope snare causing it to trip and fall prone, were my allies would kill it swiftly.
Of course someone would have to be the bait that led them into the snare.

Oliron looks around for the quickest guy, "Congratulations your the bait."

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dinosaur

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,