Review - Our President's Message

Review President' S Message - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 30th Sep, 2003 - 11:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th Sep, 2003 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Review - Our President's Message

I am a(an): Trinidadian

Did you hear our President's address to Parliment today 29th September, 2003?

I think it should be put in the history books, it is fantastic! It gives me hope that there are men that really give honest thought on things that are going on in this country and not just 'small talk'.

What is your view?

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2003 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Message Presidents - Review

I was just listenting to the news about Panday's comments concerning the President's speech. pnaday was saying that the speech was inapropriate for the opening of Parliament.

Who the heck is Panday to say what is and is not appropriate in a country where crime and lawlessness is a common event? This goes to show you who is the sheep and who is the goat! I have nothing against Panday, but come on... how can you say that? We need change in this country, a man starts to talk about it and all you can study is when is a good time to say it?

Pleaseeeee :smile.gif

30th Sep, 2003 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Review - Our President's Message Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Now the PM, Mr. Manning is critical of the prayer of Rev. Paul because he prayed that the people in parliment would receive forgiveness concerning the bickering and untruths they say to one another. Indeed yesterday's opening ceremony was not the 'traditional', but who cares about tradition - this country needs prayers!

30th Sep, 2003 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Message Presidents - Review

Did you hear our President's address to Parliment today 29th September, 2003?  

I think it should be put in the history books, it is fantastic! It gives me hope that there are men that really give honest thought on things that are going on in this country and not just 'small talk'.

What is your view?

I did not hear the whole speech but what can I tell you JB, words do not impress me whatsoever. Regards to the prayer of Rev. Paul I have mixed opinions about it by one hand I think this country need real strong prayers to help to solve the crime situation for instance. By the other hand to ask God for forgiveness about the way the polititians behave in Parliament since like kind of prideful, don't take me wrong...I think he's right but I don't think it was necessary to say that in a prayer, I still wonder the real intention behind it...(politically oriented? who knows). At the present time, it seems so common that polititians and others people in power call the name of God for their own selfish purposes...I would not have problem with the prayers if it was about asking God for guidance and help in the situation this country is in...but asking for forgivness for the members of the Parliament seems like a personal opinion to me. Of course, this is my opinion.

> TOPIC: Review - Our President's Message

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,