Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Mar, 2013 - 8:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Donnie Darko
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2010 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

What is your review for the movie: "Donnie Darko"?

Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Jan, 2010 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

Darko Donnie

I thought it was very good. The story is disturbing and to me was well worth it. Instead of portraying a disturbed individual in a romantic or cool way. This to me was a more accurate portrayal.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 25th Jan, 2010 - 10:10pm

25th Jan, 2010 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Donnie Darko Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I also enjoyed Darko, though it took me a bit to get into it. I identified somewhat with the character, but found his seeing the rabbit pretty alien. Eventually I developed an affirmative "along for the cool ride" sort of appreciation as I watched it, and the timewarp thing was intriguing, both the theorizing and the actual event, just enough of a twist to make me blink almost in lack of closure, but also feel a satisfaction of a story being told with no real answer or resolution or maybe even point, or with very clear examples of all of these, depending on who you ask. Definitely an unusual , enjoyable and novel film, nearly timeless, and I watch it at least once a year most times.

20th Apr, 2010 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Darko Donnie

For me the rabbit is one of my favorite aspects of the movie. It is a character like something out of a dream or nightmare. I enjoy the possibilities that the rabbit is an embodiment of a supernatural being. Who has taken on that form to contact Donnie who has abilities outside of the norm. Kind of a kindred spirit maybe, or a guide of sorts.

Of course he is suffering from a mental disorder in truth. However if we look back into our not so distant past everyone suffered from a mental disorder. It was just how life was. People tortured people for fun, everyone lied constantly about their own lives, the list goes on and on. I quess what I am inching towards is that he isn't crazy at all. Maybe some crazy people are not crazy. Pretty disturbing thought really.

That is what makes this movie so great I think.

Rather off topic, but...
I also find it very interesting that in our history you can find thousands of instances where revolutionary people were killed. Its like some other force is trying to keep us in the darkness.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2013 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Darko Donnie

Alternative movie poster for "Donnie Darko" as a visual example only:

Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko (Hover)

> TOPIC: Donnie Darko

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,