My Visit to the Central Library

Visit Central Library - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Sep, 2003 - 2:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th Jul, 2003 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Well there was the issue recently about the school children and the library and I decided to take a look inside when I had some extra time. First of all the building is very nice. The equipment seem to be top of the line. However I was turned off by the following...

1. I could not use the computers nor borrow books because they said they had no ID cards. When I asked when the cards would be available they said a month!

2. The librarians themselves seem to be so unhelpful and dis interested in question answering.

3. The # of books seemed to be very limited and there were large spaces and empty shelves.

Come on people... what the heck, you can't even loan a book or use the computers? Close down!

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2003 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Library Central to Visit

That sounds like a turn off, why they're open if they don't have all the facilities available? :smile.gif to justify a salary? :smile.gif

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My Visit to the Central Library Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

hmm ive never had the pleasure of visitin that library(thank God) ..i do visit the San Juan library however and I must say it had greatly improved in appearance etc since I first visited it several years ago...most of the staff there is friendly I do stop and chat every time i visit with the librarians...the desks are well spaced (though some of them are of rather poor quality but i blame that on funding) there is a section for the kiddies complete with miniature table and chairs(so cute lol..)one notable thing is that awareness of the significance of holidays is promoted by the librarians as there is a board at the entrance decorated with clippings etc pertainin to the upcoming holiday and the reason for tis osservance which i think is an excellent thing...only thing is that their pcs are almost always never working(again will blame this on lack of technical support) overall i think that this library whilst not one of the biggest is certainly one of the best run in this country in my humble opinion anyways and i do applaud the hard working staff for all the effort they have put into their jobs and into making this library into what it is now ...

16th Sep, 2003 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Library Central to Visit

Has anyone visited the Central Library lately? Have they gotten the new cards yet? Now that school is open is it still a zoo?

> TOPIC: My Visit to the Central Library

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,