Good Ole Fashion Recepies - Like Mama Makes!

Good Ole Fashion Recepies Mama Makes - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Dec, 2004 - 7:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Dec, 2002 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

This thread is for RECIPES from Trinidad & Tobago. I thought it would be good way for everyone to share their way of making curry, roti, sweat bread, pastels, etc.

Offtopic but,
Feel free to send your foods for taste testing to my email as an attchment smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2003 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Makes Mama - Recepies Fashion Ole Good

I like making cury goat and this is the way I do it.

First, I wash and clean the goat with plenty lime,
then I season it good with onions which I grate, crush garlic, black pepper, shadowbenny, some curry, salt to taste, and other little things and am talking about seasoning it for days before I ready to cook it.

Then the day of cooking I put my pot to hot, put some oil in let it hot, put in some crush garlic to burn but not really burn, then I put some curry in before I put it in I mix it in some water and then put it in the hot oil and choonkay it (if I spell that right) when the curry is bubbling in the pot I throw in the goat stir the pot and cover it on slow fire to marinade in the curry, let it stay that way for a bit and then put in some boiling water and cover it to cook.

2nd Sep, 2003 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Good Ole Fashion Recepies - Like Mama Makes! Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Anyone have a very good recipe for Calaloo? It needs to be thick and spicy. Thanks.

30th May, 2004 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

I really messed up not learning to cook when I lived in Trinidad. I had 2 aunts and a cousin who loved to cook and were good at it and I never took advantage of learning from them. Now I have no idea how to cook anything. I need a recipe for making doubles. Just like Ali used to make it drool.gif

12th Dec, 2004 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

I can cook a couple of local dishes but for some reason do not have that 'local' taste I love so much! tongue.gif Any good local recipes for pelau and callaloo? Must have the local taste and tricks to make it taste goodie. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Good Ole Fashion Recepies - Like Mama Makes!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,