Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 
Dungeons & Dragons Monster - Half-Orcs
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2010 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Orc / Orcs

Orc

What is your strategy for confronting the fantasy creature Orc in Dungeons & Dragons?

More info on this creature: Source 7

Sponsored Links:
27th Jan, 2010 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Orcs Orc

From what little we've done in the current AD&D adventure orcs are not that smart and just taken in arrows. You could probably set traps for them as well. Negotiating tends to be a waste of time.

28th Jan, 2010 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Orc / Orcs Reviews RPG & Card Board

In D&D, an orc is an orc, for the most part, in most worlds. It's a bigger version of a goblin, essentially, raising from the status of "mostly nuisance, occasionally dangerous" to "mediocre challenge, consistent potential for being dangerous". Otherwise, though I've seen very good development on orc culture in other games, I think the sword and fist are the "strategies"to dealing with orcs - it's like asking what your strategy is when you encounter a cheeseburger.

16th Apr, 2010 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Orcs Orc

Orc leaders can be very powerful with tough bounuses that you can't look over so that's one thing to watch out for.

16th Apr, 2010 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Orcs Orc

I am surprised at their total lack of any good stats. They do pack a decent pow with their melee attacks though. Best tactic, don't get ambushed and kill as many as you can before they are face to face with you. Also Sunlight dazzles them, I never knew this?

24th Apr, 2010 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Orc / Orcs

As far as I remeber an orc is a CR 1 creature so its stats and skills are balanced to a 1st level player. They are easy for the dm to level up so its never safe to assume its always a simple 5 hp lvl 1 warrior.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2010 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Orc / Orcs
A Friend

Orc / Orcs

Yes a few orcs can be killed pretty easy. A bunch of orcs can turn the tables quickly on a party as some move in for melee and others use range weapons. While not very smart they know all about fighting as that is what they grew up with. A orc sergeant or a orc leader can be up to level 5 fighter or even a barbarian. Some times a orc or party of orcs can be hard to kill.

25th Apr, 2010 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Orc / Orcs Board Card & RPG Reviews

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind since we're right now in an orc based adventure with you as GM wink.gif.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Orc / Orcs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,