How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

How Good Trinidad Tobago Live - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 4th Jan, 2003 - 5:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
9th Dec, 2002 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Don't just be patriotic and reply, but think about the following FIRST:

Before you answer, picture these things:
1. Do you feel safe when you go shopping?
2. Do you feel that you are being watched or targeted?
3. Are you certain that school teachers are giving your children the best education?
4. When you call the police do they respond right away?
5. If you were unemployed are there good welfare services?
6. When you go to a public hospital are you treated well?
7. Is your salary paying your bills?
8. Do you have all the basic utilities 24/7?
9. Do you find the people helpful and friendly?
10. Is the country itself beautiful?

These questions pertain to the 'family' and not just the individual.

Sponsored Links:
9th Dec, 2002 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

1. Do you feel safe when you go shopping?

It depends where I go, if I go to a mall is okay but not if I have to go to certain areas.
2. Do you feel that you are being watched or targeted?

Oh yeah, today I was thinking that when I walk around people look at me like if I come from Mars, don't understand why!
3. Are you certain that school teachers are giving your children the best education?

Well, I don't have any childrens at school yet but this is a big issue I do have to think about. I don't want NO teacher beating my child (the law said it stopped but still going on), the school I want to send my son is way too expensive for me to afford...so I don't really know what to do.
4. When you call the police do they respond right away?

I never have to call the police here for anything, hope never to have to.
5. If you were unemployed are there good welfare services?

I'm not familiar with the subject but seeing how many people struggles in here, I would say no.
6. When you go to a public hospital are you treated well?

Not at all! they treat people like dogs. In the recent news was a case of a woman who was pregnant of almost 8 months, she had complications and her brother took her to the POS General Hospital, the doctors said that the baby died and she was in inestable condition. Can you believe that they leave the fetus inside of her rottening for several days? So bad it was that she got an infection of it which it caused her to bleed through her nose and ears and later on..she died.
7. Is your salary paying your bills?

Not at all!
8. Do you have all the basic utilities 24/7?

Noooo!!! I live in the East and water and electricity goes off very very very often WITHOUT warning and it goes off sometimes for the entire day!
9. Do you find the people helpful and friendly?

Most of the people I met in Trinidad are really friendly. I love that.
10. Is the country itself beautiful?

I don't know if this is a tricky question, but the landscape of Trinidad is beautifullllllllll...love to see and hear all differents types of birds and exotic animals.
But let's remember that what makes a country beautiful is not the country itself but the people.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2002 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Born and bred there, I love it, no place like home, crimes is a universal problem, just some places the crimes are exposed more than some,,,when you can live in NYC where crime and murder is a daily way of life you can live any way,,will take my chances in Patna Village at 2 in the morning, but will think twice about doing the same in Harlem that hour in the morning.

10th Dec, 2002 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

So then why you don't go back home? There are plenty trinis who would like to make an 'exachange' program with you lol

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2002 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Violent crime, IS a daily occurence in T and T. and a way of life . My family and I would not live there. In fact we have now stopped visiting Trinidad and now meet up in Tobago.

It is not only the violent crime either but the general quality of life, the poor utilities , the bad manners of people, the racial antagonism, the corrupt politicians,  police and officials. This all makes for a society that is going downhill fast with no indication that anyone is doing anything about it.

The standard of driving is apalling beyond belief.

The environment continues to be destroyed at an alarming rate.

No worries open another bottle.

13th Dec, 2002 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

It is not only the violent crime either but the general quality of life, the poor utilities , the bad manners of people, the racial antagonism, the corrupt politicians,  police and officials. This all makes for a society that is going downhill fast with no indication that anyone is doing anything about it.

Well this sounds like me talking... this is my exact concept of this nation. It makes me sick when Trinis who are living abroad tell me, "They miss T&T", "They love T&T"... if they love it so much then why the HE(double hockey sticks) don't they come back here. If you ask them that (why they do not come back) they will say that the US has, the money, the education, the opportunity, etc. So then in reality they are saying T&T do not have money/education/opportunities... all we are good for here is fete and party.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Dec, 2002 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live

I agree with both of you. Some of us do not have the chance to live in another country because of immigration policies and different other issues. I do like things about Trinidad but it's sad to say that a country that could be sooo beautiful to live in is becoming a high-crime place...people drinking in the stree like crazy, men who do not respect you even when you're walking with your own son! (I call that sexual arrasment!), people partying every single day not to mention the lack of honesty.
I wish Trinidad could be different and really it's not easy to live...I'll say 'survive' in here...it's tough

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2003 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I was really sad to read how people feel about how life is not too god in Trinidad these days.  I have moved out but would love to come back for a visit but this first glimpse about how things are has scared me a bit.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,