T&T Cinema

T Cinema - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Apr, 2003 - 10:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
17th Mar, 2003 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

T&T Cinema

I recently went to the Cinema to watch a double feature. I often like to arrive early to vie the previews and get a good seat. I was amazed at the service. The people act like they are doing you a favor. They do not smile, say thanks, or anything. They must be tired of the work. I always go in balcony to get away from House. Good thing too... I have never heard so much shouting, yelling and saying stupid things. I was thinking I have never heard this in a cinema abroad. How primative we look. Well, when I thought I escaped, right behind me was two couples, at various times during the movie their cell phone beeped and did they turn it off? Noooo... they started to talk loud like if they were home. I could not believe it. Just before intermission I went to get some junk food. The prices are ridiculous. It is advantageous that they do not allow you to bring in your own drinks and food, but they also want to charge you an arm and a leg! Lastly, most people like to go to the cinema to get away from ads... like on TV, but not so, I sat through at least 10 minutes of ads that I would normally see on TV! What are your thoughts about cinema here?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2003 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

T&T Cinema
A Friend

Cinema TampT

Well I sypathise with you  but that's what you get for getting the opportunity of enjoying a double feature but don't worry  the same is said for employees in the UK and the USA, people are people,some try their darndest to be cheerful for the job  but others like to keep it Real, ent?!
Just be glad that there still is a double feature in Trinidad,it's not the case for other places.

28th Mar, 2003 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

T&T Cinema Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Just be glad that there still is a double feature in Trinidad,it's not the case for other places

I understand what you are trying to say, but allow me to disagree. I think your sympathy with the double feature does not condone the 'lack of feeling' have towards one another. Trinidadians always try to rationalize. If I am paying for a double feature does not mean that people around me have to be in considerate. Because 1,000,000 people do something does not make it right. Interestingly enough, I went to the cinema today and there was not as much noise as the last time, but in the beginning there was a group of people in house that were so loud that even though I was in balcony I thought they were right behind me.

29th Mar, 2003 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Cinema TampT

I totally agree with you JB. What is there to be 'glad' about?? the bad treatment? the smell? the noise? the dirt?. Come on!!! You're PAYING for it! It's not free!!!! so why do I have to act like they're doing me a favour!??

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

T&T Cinema
A Friend

Cinema TampT

I undersatnd what you are trying to say Jb and I think You just may have a point there as LDS said 'you are paying for it.',Yes it is a service being rendered and the bahaviour of the employees should be consumer friendly one.However, my symapthy was directed at the individuals mention of arriving  early and the adverts he ahd to endure, I guess the trick is to have knowlegde and forsight, of the bahaviour attributed with the various sections, and this would detrmine whether you are  going to be entertained or discouraged.Correct?

2nd Apr, 2003 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

T&T Cinema

I guess the trick is to have knowlegde and forsight, of the bahaviour attributed with the various sections, and this would detrmine whether you are  going to be entertained or discouraged.Correct?

Very true, hence I do not venture out much in Trinidad, but then again that is the purpose of this forum to voice small opinions that hopefully change a few heart and minds so we can see what the country really is...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Apr, 2003 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

T&T Cinema

JB people will think we are anti-Trinidad LOL but I know I cannot voice out too much since I'm only a resident but there are serious issues people wants to talk about and I love to have the forum for this reason smile.gif I like Trinidad, if I didn't like it at all, I would not be living here period, I just have issues that I would love to see resolved, you know, to make a better Trinidad and Tobago.

10th Apr, 2003 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

T&T Cinema Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

JB people will think we are anti-Trinidad

They always think that of anyone that cries out for progress. It is easy to be comfortable and go with the flow.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: T&T Cinema

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,