Ascension

Ascension - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Feb, 2010 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

31st Jan, 2010 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Ascension

Ascension

Imagine being a witness to Jesus' Ascension into heaven. Do you know where the Ascension took place? See Mark 16: 19; Luke 24: 51; Acts 1: 9-12; cf. John 6: 62

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2010 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Ascension
A Friend

Ascension

JB wrote:

international QUOTE
Imagine being a witness to Jesus' Ascension into heaven.

It must have a marvelous experience. I find it interesting what Joseph Smith said of his theophany:
international QUOTE
I found myself lying on my back, looking up into heaven.  When the light had departed, I had no strength...  -JSH 1:20.

How about Moses?
international QUOTE
And the presence of God withdrew from Moses, that his glory was not upon Moses; and Moses was left unto himself.  And as he was left unto himself, he fell unto the earth. -  Moses 1:9

It seems that everyone who has seen Jesus, whether before birth or after resurrection, was left weak.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2010 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Ascension
A Friend

Ascension Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yeah, I imagine it was like being on the Mount of Transfiguration. The Lord must of transfigured himself and then ascended into heaven. Those who were standing could not help but be affected by this display of power. Feelings of weakness and fatigue come natural to all who are under the influence of the Spirit to a degree of transfiguration. Once the Spirit or His power has departed us we are left to ourselves, and feel weak only because His power has left us.

Jesus would have shinned brighter than the sun at noon day. If you have ever had this experience you would know that one can not look upon such glory without having the same glory.

I can also imagine angels signing as He ascended into the clouds. The voice of God again bearing witness to His Only Begotten Son, and the fear of God falling upon the ungodly. Many who were standing by became blind as did Paul because their natural eyes could not endure the brightness of His glory. Men fell to their knees and worshiped Him as His glory began to depart from before their eyes.

This is what I could imagine took place during the Lord's ascension.

17th Feb, 2010 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Ascension

I have a particular theory about this. It's only seen by the one entitled to the experience. A passerby or someone not supposed to see this would probably just see a gathering but no heavenly manifestation or ascension.

> TOPIC: Ascension

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,