Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

Dungeons & Dragons Monster
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2010 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Skeleton

Skeleton

What is your strategy for confronting the fantasy creature Skeleton in Dungeons & Dragons?

More info on this creature: Source 4

Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2010 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Skeleton

Skelentons are some of the easiest to fight plus if you have a cleric in the party you can turn them.

2nd Feb, 2010 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Skeleton Reviews RPG & Card Board

Blunt weapons are supposed to be more effective against them as well. Though I can't remember a time were the GM actually applied that bonus in battle.

2nd Feb, 2010 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Skeleton

Echoing the above thoughts, I also recall there being a rule that arrows and similar ranged weapons either did less or no damage against skeletons, but I also don't remember anyone ever applying that rule.

Face it, D&D and its ilk were all about the hodge-podge, having giant spiders, hobbits, dinosaurs, undead, dragons, vampires, Cthulhu, Greek and Roman gods, demons and faries and magic users - there's no way half those things should go together in the same universe, yet there they all are in the monster manual or whatever; now I realize GM's are supposed to pull monters appropriate to their campaign from it, but that isn't always apparent to new gamers. But skeletons are indeed a sort of universal duct tape that you can find just about anywhere, whether animated by normal magic, unholy rites, divine retribution or even some sort of psychic ability or technology, they're a tried and true popular menace.

2nd Feb, 2010 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Skeleton

I didn't know there was like even a bonus if you use a blunt weapon against skelentons but that might be because I tend to use only axes and swords.

3rd Feb, 2010 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

Skeleton

Technically I think axes fall into the blunt weapons category. The reason blunt weapons are supposed to do more damage is because they are only bone. Thus arrows would find little or no material to damage passing threw or grazing it. Whereas blunt heavy weapons are designed to crush bones.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Skeleton

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,