Autism - Fiction Or Reality

Autism Fiction Reality - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Mar, 2010 - 12:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The way someone with Autism views life
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2010 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Autism - Fiction or Reality

Name: Mom

Comments: Do children with autism tend to mix up what is fiction with reality? For instance they believe that some of the cartoons they watch are real and talk like they are real.

Sponsored Links:
1st Feb, 2010 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Reality Fiction Autism

This is not unique to children with autism. It is common in all children. However, children with autism are very naive and emotionally immature hence they tend to believe in things like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy much longer than the average child. They are also targets of bullies because of their naivety. Like anything else, they just need more time.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2010 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Autism - Fiction Or Reality Health & Special Psychology

I think those with HFA think in a concrete and logical way. Some kids with HFA might not even like cartoons. Although they do tend to take things literally.

17th Mar, 2010 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Reality Fiction Autism

HFA = High functioning autistic? (Better to not use abbreviations unless they are first defined). Liking cartoons and not liking cartoons is a normal trait for anyone, it is not unique to someone with special needs. The question here is whether they believe those cartoons are real living creatures or just fiction. For my limited experience I think it depends on each case. With my son he says he knows they are not real yet at times talks in conversation as though they are real.

> TOPIC: Autism - Fiction Or Reality

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,