Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 4 of 6

QUOTE (Trini808)How are we still analyzing - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Nov, 2006 - 3:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Trinidad Chicken Addiction These people fascination with chicken! Chicken in Trinidad and Tobago is the same as Beef is in Argentina or Rice is in China. Trinis are literally addicted to Chicken and often cannot eat a plate of food if Chicken is not present on the plate!
Trinidad Chicken Fascination Related Information to Trinidad Chicken Fascination
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2006 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination
A Friend

Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 4

It seems like the post is condemning Trinidadians for their choice in food. LDS you are Hispanic in origin and I know culturally, beef is huge in your diet. Now that you live in Trinidad, is it not ignorance on your part not coming to terms with the food with is sold in the commercial markets and what Trinidadians prefer.

I think as Trinidadians if you like chicken you should have chicken and chicken is by far the most eaten animal anywhere. I find this post troubling as to making assumptions that Trinidadians are missing something by not eating beef.

JB, your comments about the use of condiments is rather harsh as well, As Trinidadians we should celebrate our choices in food. If we like ketchup and mustard on our pizza it's my palate that must accept or reject it.

In the States traditional foods are served and eaten in varying ways from state to state. In California, they put ranch dressing on Pizza. You tell a New Yorker that and he would hit the roof.

Even Hot Dogs and hamburgers have different toppings and the way it's cooked is often different from region to region. In Chicago the put celery seed on and tomatoes on hot dogs rather than the NY version of Sauerkraut and Mustard. In some regions Hot Dogs are deep-fried.

So there should be no negative feelings about the food Trinidadians have chosen to be their favorite. At least in Trinidad I have to say the people are very passionate about the food they eat and the way they eat it. And it's their god given right to do so.

Now most Trinidadian doesn't care for burgers or hot dogs on a regular basis and in most countries because of the health risk it is often discouraged.

As Trinidadians we are very proud of our own food and it truly represents our culture and all Trinidadian should take pride in its diversity and uniqueness. This is one thing that truely connects Trinis everywhere.

Reconcile Edited: Trini808 on 14th Nov, 2006 - 1:26pm

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2006 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Fascination Chicken Trinidad

QUOTE (Trini808)
JB, your comments about the use of condements is rather harsh as well

How so? In my opinion, the over exaggerated use of condiments on food bought outside is ridiculous. Imagine soaking, yes, literally soaking a plate of food with ketchup or pepper - you may as well have asked for a condiment plate instead. I have never seen that anywhere and I have lived in many places. As you say, it is their choice to do so, just as it is my choice to think they are silly for doing so - you see, that is a matter of perspective.

Now this Thread is specifically about the Chicken, and I believe we already established that the main reason for the popular Chicken use is because of cost, the amount meals you can prepare with it, and the many uses (even the entrails are used).

14th Nov, 2006 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

LDS you are Hispanic in origin and I know culturally, beef is huge in your diet. Now that you live in Trinidad, is it not ignorance on your part not coming to terms with the food with is sold in the commercial markets and what Trinidadians prefer.

Yes, beef is huge in my culture and I actually mentioned this on this thread...and I even make fun of it too on occasions because we eat all the inside parts of the cow. Your point? Oh, you was thinking I was criticizing the fascination that Trinis have with their chicken? Feel free to start one about the fascination that Hispanics have with beef, it does not bother me at all and I may actually have fun replying to it.

So there should be no negative feelings about the food Trinidadians have chosen to be their favorite.

Errr...don't take me wrong but I think you totally missed the purpose of the thread. It is not about whether Trinis are right in eating chicken or not, we are talking about the causes of the fascination with chicken.

And one more point...Trinis can eat what they want in the way they want, are you saying we cannot express our views about it? spock.gif

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2006 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Fascination Chicken Trinidad

I like chicken but I think Trinis overdo with It! everything is chicken, chicken and chicken! I LOVE beef.

LDS, the above comment makes me feel you are frustrated with the food situation in Trinidad and you would must rather a different course.

JB, it's your opinion and when you make it seem you are disgusted by the actions of some Trinis on their choice of food. That is condemnation whether want to believe it or not. That statement is in no way analyzing why Trinidadians prefer chicken to anything else.

Here is the reason why, it's because it's the availability of beef, now I am sure you can get beef anywhere these days. But in History most of the herder and farmers were Indians and we know most Indians are Hindus.

Growing up in a community where there were a decent population of Muslims I know for a fact many raised their own cows for slaughter and their was always a readily supply of beef.

Relative who were non-Hindus cooked beef on a regular basis?

For many Africans and Indians Beef is something cooked at home, as stew beef, beef pelau, curry beef. Hamburgers and Steak and so on are not traditional dishes eaten in Trinidad so the commercial market reflects that.

At Christmas time if you are not servering baked ham its only because you don't eat pork.

Yes Chicken is cheaper than most meats but Trinidad has never been a poor country, it may have some poor people but growing up in a relatively poorer family there was never a shortage of Pork, goat and seafood.

Your assumption is wrong only because you are analyzing the type's food available for purchase and not including the food which is brought home for cooking. Trinidad by far prefers home cooking to food bought outside.

Reconcile Edited: Trini808 on 14th Nov, 2006 - 2:24pm

14th Nov, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Fascination Chicken Trinidad

QUOTE (Trini808)
JB, it's your opinion and when you make it seem you are disgusted by the actions of some Trinis on their choice of food. That is condemnation whether want to believe it or not. That statement is in no way analyzing why Trinidadians prefer chicken to anything else.

Yes, for me it is disgusting and your point it is? Do not tell me you are offended because I have an opinion? I think you need to re-read your own words as you are far off base. I am a lover of Trini food, BUT this Topic is about the LOVE OF CHICKEN and a comment a foreigner made about it.

Your assumption is wrong...

Learn how to say... "...in my opinion". Please learn how to Discuss issues. Maybe a reading of our Constructive Posting policy will help you. Also, a recent Thread we put up called the 'Art of Discussion' will give you something with which to work.

14th Nov, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

LDS, the above comment makes me feel you are frustrated with the food situation in Trinidad and you would must rather a different course.

Wow, all that you read in a sentence that only says that I think Trinis overdo with chicken and that I love beef? spock.gif

Light up, I am not frustrated at all by the choices of food Trinis prefer, you would see several threads here where I mention my love for lots of Trini dishes. If Trinis love chicken, they can eat chicken until it comes out from their nostrils, I do not really mind. I just wanted to emphasized the fascination Trinis have with chicken, and I did. Why are you making such a big deal about it?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2006 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 4

My Point is that you are analyzing why Trini's eat so much chicken is it not. So as much as its important for you to point out the focus of the Topic. It is also important for me to Point out how you both have strayed from the main point of the conversation to include the use of ketchup on pizza , Or LDS's personal opinion on the food she pefers.

How are we still analyzing why Trini's perfer Chicken?

14th Nov, 2006 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

QUOTE (Trini808)
How are we still analyzing why Trini's perfer Chicken?

Now you are being childish. This Thread has been dormant for a long time, then you start by attacking each person's view on it. If we do not like the way people eat their Chicken then we do not like it - so what? If you have something to add to it then do so that the Discussion may continue, but do not get frustrated because people have a view point different from yours. You have made your point - now what new do you have to add to the Topic?

Rather off topic, but...
The reason you are seeing Discussion about condiments and other things is because this is an old Thread and we did not have offtopic tags back then. Check the dates of this Post and you will see that.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Chicken Fascination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,