Kite Flying

Kite Flying - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 31st Dec, 2004 - 6:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Apr, 2003 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Kite Flying

Recently Kite flying in T&T has become more and more popular. Recently an inncident involving a 3 year old girl happened where the kite apparently hit her in the head on its' way down.

I was just wondering according to our laws who would be responsibel?
- Kite flyer, it is natural that he/she has no control over the wind
- The parents of the little girl since they should have ensured she was not in a position to be hurt
- The government, maybe laws or regulations need to be set for doing it in public places

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Dec, 2003 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Flying Kite

There are web sites available for safety codes and tips:

1. Choose a flying site at least 5 km (3 miles) from an airfield, away from roads and railway lines.
2. Never fly a kite near electric pylons, overhead power cables or overhead lines of any kind. If you kite gets caught in overhead lines, do not try to remove it yourself. Seek help from your local authorities.
3. Do not fly in a thunderstorm, the kite could act as a lightening conductor (remember Ben Franklin?). Being struck by lightening could cause serious injury of even death.

31st Dec, 2004 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Kite Flying Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Well, I have seen kite flying in the Savanah in Port of Spain and there are way too many!!! specially when they have the competitions, they have no security to control if somebody gets hurt. I think they need to organize it better.

> TOPIC: Kite Flying

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,