Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

Dungeons & Dragons Monster
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2010 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Troll

Troll

What is your strategy for confronting the fantasy creature Troll in Dungeons & Dragons?

Information

Scrag
Troll Hunter
Trolls as Characters

More info on this creature: Source 5

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2010 - 9:28am / Post ID: #

Troll

Anybody worth their salt knows "acid" and "fire", the more combinations of these, the better. Magic is great, especially fireball and lightning bolt, but any really heavy weapon smashes certainly do their part to take down a troll - it's just keeping them down that's the pain. In the computer game, you could stand on where they died at, and the fight ended if no other enemies were around, but in fact you have to burn the troll's remains because otherwise they regenerate, and the same while fighting - they get points back during combat, so you have to deal them a lot of damage, quickly, and keep doing it until they 'die', then find a way to make it permanent. That said, trolls are one of my favorite races, and I've played some, though I prefer the look of one painted that was on the cover of Dragon magazine, that had a swamp troll coming out of the water and going after a PC in a boat.

5th Feb, 2010 - 9:17am / Post ID: #

Troll Reviews RPG & Card Board

I wish I could slap you five JPatt. I feel the same affection towards Trolls.

To kill them quicker of course use fire or acid. You may have to finish them off this way depending on your GM.

Otherwise wear a ring of regeneration so when they swallow you down you can regenerate in their bodies and burst out of them, from the inside out (if you are a smaller PC).

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 5th Feb, 2010 - 9:21am

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2010 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Troll
A Friend

Troll

Trolls are some of my favorite creatures to send against player characters. My worlds have desert trolls, Swamp trolls, Ice Trolls and mountain trolls besides you average trolls. While they are not the most populous they are around.

Killing trolls is a pain and once you learn about how they come back to life you make sure you always carry stuff to deal with them.

> TOPIC: Troll

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,