Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 
Dungeons & Dragons Monster
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2010 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Vampire

Vampire

What is your strategy for confronting the fantasy creature Vampire in Dungeons & Dragons?

Information

Creating A Vampire
Vampire Spawn
Vampire Spawn Weaknesses

More info on this creature: Source 8

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Feb, 2010 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Vampire
A Friend

Vampire

The vampire if properly played can be one of the most dangerous undead creatures a character can face. The fact that it can charm many characters and therefore change the odds of actually attacking the creature instead of your friends quite possible. The Vampire has many weapons and defenses at its disposal. Finding it and killing it can be an adventure in of itself.

2nd Mar, 2010 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Vampire Reviews RPG & Card Board

Using a silver weapon or magic helps otherwise damage is reduced. Holy symbols, garlic, and mirrors could also be helpful. There are some fairly good third level spells that can make it harder for the vampire to control a dominated character. If you are a medium or lower level group with no silver weapons a Vampire would probably be your doom. It's all about knowing its weakness and being prepared. Even then they are a tough kill.

5th Mar, 2010 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Vampire

Vampires are tough but I think they're not so difficult if you're prepared. The main problem is if a GM uses them when he knows you're not prepared. To be fair he needs to give us a hint what we're up against.

18th Apr, 2010 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Vampire

Does fire work against vampires? I know about the stake, magical weapons and all that but I'm talking about a fire spell against a vampire.

18th Apr, 2010 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Vampire

A fire spell would hurt a Vampire more than a normal attack. Key word being spell, I don't see anywhere that natural fire hurts a vampire any more than regular attacks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Apr, 2010 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Vampire

One of the problems with vampires is there are so many myths about what works and what doesn't. Of course AD&D defines some things but I wonder how many dungeon masters fo rouge and do their own thing.

19th Apr, 2010 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Vampire Board Card & RPG Reviews

Hiding the coffin of a Vampire is a running gag among GM's. Pulling a series of events on and on.

Rather off topic, but...
In a tabletop setting I think GM's are more likely to use varied versions of the rules. Though I have seen experienced GM's know how to manipulate the rules to their style. As long as it fits and works it is accepted.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Vampire

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,