Carnival - Good or Bad?

Carnival Good Bad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 21st May, 2004 - 5:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

?
Poll: Do you like Carnival?
  Yes       76.92%
  No       23.08%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Trinidad Carnival
Carnival - Good or Bad? Related Information to Carnival - Good or Bad?
11th Feb, 2003 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Carnival - Good or Bad?

What do you think about Trinidad & Tobago Carnival?

Let's look at the Good or the Bad if any...

What people say is the good...

1. All the color
2. Shows the talent of the costume builders
3. Brings good foreign exchange
4. Helps people make extra cash selling food and drink
5. People get a break from work
6. The country becomes more popular as a tourist destination
7. Calypso, soca and pan have a forum to broadcast
8. Hospitality Management industry gets a boost

What people say is bad...

1. Too much vice and immorality
2. High instance of pregnancy out of marriage
3. Crime is on the increase
4. People waste money on vices
5. Women are disrespected
6. Children are taught that is okay to make sexual moves
7. Lyrics degrade women and promote sex
8. AIDS increases as it is transmitted through unprotected sex

Sponsored Links:
11th Feb, 2003 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Bad Good Carnival

I know I am not from Trinidad so do not kill me for my thoughts. I don't like Carnival, I don't like the music (soca), I don't like the body movements they made when they dance, I don't see anything good about it.  Maybe when foreigners come to the country it brings more money, but let's not forget they brings AIDS too! sad.gif

18th Feb, 2004 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Carnival - Good or Bad? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Well Carnival is here again in 2004 and it as sloughful as ever. I do not understand Trinidadians really... on one hand they want immorality, vice, crime and civil disobedience to stop but at the same time they promote with a passion the most crime increasing, rude, civil disobedient activity we have in this nation. Make up your minds!

18th May, 2004 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Bad Good Carnival

When I lived in Trinidad I was not big into Carnival for the same reasons mentioned in this post. However, it does give the island some visibility with regards to the talents of the designers, and with steelpan music. The calypsoes are not as popular, lets face it, only locals can interpret what they are singing about, and the vulgarity can become repulsive after a while. I think Carnival needs to be cleaned up a lot, but good luck with whoever tries to take on that responsibility wink.gif

18th May, 2004 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Bad Good Carnival

I am glad to see we have another sane Trini on board, perhaps it is your experience abroad that has helped to reinforce that there are other ways of having fun without having to be high and profane.

21st May, 2004 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Carnival - Good or Bad?

Yes, I do believe my experience in the US has led me to believe that there are plenty of other ways to have a good time without having to resort to such high levels of vulgarity. Dont get me wrong, there is a lot of vice in the US, but for such a high profile event as Carnival, I think the Trini population can tone it down a bit. The comparison of a US event I will use is Mardi Gras in New Orleans. This is one of the more high profile, vice events in the US, and even though there is a lot of unwanted and uncalled for behavior by a few individuals, most people have fun without having to resort to those types of measures. Another point worth mentioning is that the police force has cracked down quite a bit in recent times to prevent instances of nudity, drunken behavior, etc in an effort to make the event an enjoyable one for everyone. I think the Trini police could learn a valuable lesson in crowd control from attending a Mardi Gras event. Nuff said!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st May, 2004 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Carnival Good Bad

It be true man, but even D police drinking, so how they will stop others from doing it?

21st May, 2004 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Carnival Good Bad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

That's where the government needs to intervene and crack down on police officers who are negligent in their duties. I make everything seem so simple, dont I? wink.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Carnival - Good or Bad?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,