Maxi Taxis In Trinidad

Maxi Taxis Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 7th Feb, 2003 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
The driving and conduct of Maxi Taxi drivers in Trinidad and Tobago. Safety issues.
27th Nov, 2002 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Maxi Taxis In Trinidad

Maxi Taxis In Trinidad

Recently, a 17 year old Maxi Taxi Drived killed a man while driving reckless on the road. First of all - 17 years old? Surely, licenses for these kinds of vehicles should be issued to more seasoned drivers at least!

Have you ever been on the priority bus route? Wow, its an experience!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2002 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Maxi Taxis In Trinidad
A Friend

Trinidad Taxis Maxi

17, WOW, kind of young to have this type of responsibility, the Govt should have a age limit for Maxi Drivers, not that it might make a difference, but those bus drivers should take it easy too.

27th Nov, 2002 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Maxi Taxis In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Can you have a liscence in Trinidad if you're under 18???????

17th Dec, 2002 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Taxis Maxi

They recently had a survey on a local television station about the rate of traffic accidents in Trinidad & Tobago and asked people at random what they felt was the cause, these were some of their responses...
'I think their should be more road signs'
'Sometimes you are driving and you can't tell what side of the road you are on because there is no white line in the middle of the road'
'You can never tell where you are going without asking, there are no signs to say where you are or how far so everyone rushin'

My personal view, driving in T&T has nothing to do with road signs or markings on the road, but atittude. Vigorous enforcement of laws by traffic cops will curb this for sure. Really the driving test is too basic and needs to include things like emergency stops and interview questions by the officer and not a multiple choice test, (They do this in the UK). By the way, I am a holder of a UK, USA, and T&T permit so I count myself an experienced driver. I also can tell the differences in 'typical' road traffic from region to region and believe me Trinidad has some of the worst I have seen. Other places that are pretty bad... Argentina, Venezuela, and Maryland (these places I have also been too, but did not drive, thank goodness)

Serious road accidents are a common occurence now with death being a normal outcome.

28th Jan, 2003 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Taxis Maxi

One of the sickening things Maxi drivers do now is to drive down the wrong lane, pushing oncoming cars into the pavement, so that they (maxi drivers) can get where they are going faster.

I cannot believe how reckless they are! I think the owners pushing these drivers to make a certain amount of money only fuels this even more.

28th Jan, 2003 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Maxi Taxis In Trinidad

I found this great article on the newspaper Trinidad Express under the Section Trinidad Woman about the experience and opinion of this woman about maxis in Trinidad. Article by Suzana Clarke :

"I have to get a car. I really do. My days of travelling by maxi - hell, all forms of public transport - are numbered. It has gotten to the point where it has become a threat to both my physical and mental health. And it continues to get worse. Daily. Any one of these days I expect I"ll be carted off to the Caura chest hospital, the unwitting victim of consumption triggered off by some nasty, hacking cough I picked up from a fellow passenger or the driver himself. Before that happens though, I imagine I"ll suffer a complete nervous breakdown as I know any day now I will snap and stand up and scream at the driver at the top of my lungs, that the people standing at the side of the road are not paraplegic, they do have the ability to raise their arms and stop the maxi if they wished to and the fact that they are standing with their backs to the road and walking away from it may be - just may be - an indicator that they don't want to travel in the freaking maxi for Christ's sake! Gasp!....

This is a great article that everybody should read it! smile.gif
Here is the link smile.gif
https://trinidadexpress.com/expresswoman.as...ge=expresswoman

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2003 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Maxi Taxis Trinidad

TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN!!!

Why do they have to play the music so loud? What is more is how they use tweeters and high pitched little  make shift speakers to blast sound as though they are deaf.

7th Feb, 2003 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Maxi Taxis Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Oh my goodness, I hate when the music is so loud that you cannot speak! and your ears hurt so much. It's such a lack of respect for the public! tongue.gif They should have regulations for those things, I cannot stand it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Maxi Taxis In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,