Autism Hug Avoidance

Autism Hug Avoidance - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th Feb, 2010 - 2:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2010 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Autism Hug Avoidance

Clue over autism 'hug avoidance'

Delays at crucial points during the development of the brain in the womb may explain why people with a condition linked to autism do not like hugs. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
13th Feb, 2010 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Avoidance Hug Autism

This kind of thing makes me wonder, though I hate to be just another in a sea of people who like to try to explain their own shortcomings as genetic, of someone or some other thing's cause, if I may be somewhat autistic, maybe like the Asperger's thing - I have all the features listed in this article, avoiding "tactile" contact, from physical to eye contact, oversensitivity to sound and light, late or under development in interaction and responses, etc. But what to do about it - how do you get it recognized officially I wonder so something can be done?

13th Feb, 2010 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Autism Hug Avoidance Health & Special Psychology

It doesn't hurt to get an assessment by a professional. They have set tests and questions that can help you determine if you are in the spectrum.

As for the News above it could be this or just simply genetics, there are arguments both for and against. I hope in another decade there is something more sure about the actual cause of Autism.

13th Feb, 2010 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Avoidance Hug Autism

Jpatt, most psychologists have set tests to determine if you are in the Spectrum and how far you are as well. I wold suggest you to call a professional and ask them if you can be tested for autism before setting an appointment. It is quite common for people to be diagnosed with autism in their adulthood.

About the article, our oldest son's autism is so unique that for instance he loves hugs and kisses which is not common in autistic children.

> TOPIC: Autism Hug Avoidance

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,