Flooding In Trinidad & Tobago

Flooding Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 4th Aug, 2010 - 12:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: What are your MAIN thoughts about Flooding in Trinidad & Tobago?
  People cause there own troubles by building in flood prone areas       57.14%
  The government has inadequate infrastructure to deal with flooding       28.57%
  People congest the drains, rivers and cause flooding       14.29%
  Flooding is an act of God and nothing can be done to stop it       0.00%
  The government needs to enforce building codes       0.00%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Flooding In Trinidad & Tobago Just imagine that a little bit of rain falls and your home or the streets are totally flooded out. Drainage in Trinidad and Tobago is terrible and the excess of refuse seems to be no help to it. Will there ever be relief?
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2002 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did you all see the news about the flooding? I was passing by one of the bridges near my home where the bush is growing high in the river and was surprised to see all the bush gone from the flood waters! Ah know a lady in Valsayn who had to run outside because there was so much water in her home. This place drainage real poor we!

Flooding In Trinidad & Tobago (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2002 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Flooding

Welcome to Trinidad and Tobago. I cannot understand how this subject about flooding is something that people talk ad talk over the years and NOTHING is being done. But you know what? the people in Trinidad and Tobago NEED to wake up! they don't push the polititians who they voted to do what they are supposed to do. Trinis are too quiet in this kind of things.

Why they don't go out and protest? I have never seeing that yet. A big manifestation of citizens in this country can have a big impact on the government BUT because the leaders of the country KNOW the typical laid back attitude of the trinidadians, they don't do nothing and they will not do nothing UNTIL the people take responsibility and charge and care about their own country.

4th Dec, 2002 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Flooding In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Did you all see the news about the flooding? I was passing by one of the bridges near my home where the bush is growing high in the river and was suprised to see all the bush gone from the flood waters!

I am sure that all the bush has grown back and nothing is done. Am I right?

4th Dec, 2002 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Yeah, sad to say but true. People forget easy you see...and the government knows it!

13th Nov, 2006 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Today there was some massive thunderstorms that lasted for a couple of hours and already most of the roads and places were flooded. The infrastructure in T&T is terrible, but what is silly is that the people who have houses or businesses do not make any attempts to change the design or location of their buildings!

18th Nov, 2006 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

I went to Port of Spain today to conduct some business, and in the space of no more than 10 minutes the streets became flooded to the point that water was coming into the store I was in! Infrastructure in the city is terrible and there definitely needs to be either more street / drain cleaners or better citizenry to keep the place clean in the first place, BUT I am more likely to go with the first as the mentality here is not one of cleanliness.

I ended up having to step in one foot of gushing water in order to get out of the store I was in and then walk in the middle of the street (highest part as the pavements were drowned on both sides of the road) while dodging cars in order to get to another part of the city!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Dec, 2008 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Flooding Trinidad & Tobago

Did you see that crater formed in a Diego Martin road? Looks like it was being used as a swimming pool. A lot of Diego Martin residents are paying a high price for the rain right now. Government's infrastructure program is extremely poor and now people will not only have to "tighten their belt" but also dry their pants from being flooded out.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2010 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Flooding Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Name: Solange

Comments: Why them Trinis playing in the flood waters for? People don't see the news about the diseases and infections you can get from walking and playing in flood waters?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Flooding In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,