Nuclear Energy - A Vaiable Business?

Nuclear Energy Vaiable Business - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Feb, 2012 - 12:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Vermont
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2010 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Nuclear Energy - A Vaiable Business?

In Historic Vote, Vermont Poised to Shut Down Lone Nuclear Reactor

The nuclear power industry-and President Obama's plans to fund its growth-is bracing for a major setback today as the Vermont state senate is expected to vote to shut down the Vermont Yankee plant, a nuclear reactor with a history of leaks. We speak to nuclear engineer and former industry executive Arnie Gundersen, who first sounded the bell on the Vermont Yankee. Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2010 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Business Vaiable - Energy Nuclear

To me Nuclear power is like using a cannon to sew thread. It could be done with a needle but our government won't allow it.

Nuclear plants give off nuclear waste, were does this waste go? How can anyone be sure this waste is being taken care of properly. Then everyone wants more nuclear power plants thinking this a great source of power.

I must be stupid because I was under the impression we had developed a way to use hydrogen power to create energy. I have very serious doubts that this sort of power plant is the best way to go. If America had any sort of honor they would invest in ways to create less pollutant sources of energy.

Am I insane or have not we already found a better source of energy. Why are we still talking about Nuclear energy, is it not obsolete. If it isn't it should be, it excretes the worst form of poison known to man.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

10th Feb, 2012 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Nuclear Energy - A Vaiable Business? History & Civil Business Politics

It must be very good business because under the Obama administration two new nuclear reactors have been approved for the first time in 30 years. What's with all the green talk?

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

> TOPIC: Nuclear Energy - A Vaiable Business?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,