Nato Usa - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
US slams European pacifism
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2010 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

NATO & USA

US slams European pacifism:

US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has declared a "crisis" exists in the NATO alliance, claiming a wave of pacifism sweeping Europe's political class was making it difficult for the US "to operate and fight" with its continental partners. Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2010 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

USA and NATO

I as an American find our demand of others to join in our fight, for lack of a better word complete bull. Many Americans themselves do not want this war. So how can we as a Nation demand others assist us.

What many do not know is when our first war against Iraq was waged, almost half of the Americans did no agree with it. Many of us knew it was complete bull made up by our government to force us to attack them. Yet, all our protests and all that did nothing if little to stop this war.

Many other peoples and nations may think that Americans can decide who they want to be at war with and what actions we take. This is not the case, the majority in America do not have a say in what our military does. Even when we protest and declare ourselves as not wanting to be in such a war the military carries on.

I support our troops yet am ashamed to admit that the American government does not reflect the voice of the people. They are just as others in the world who do what they feel is best and do not listen to our voice.

Rather off topic, but...
America is no longer the land of the free and hasn't been for some time.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2010 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

NATO & USA History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Yeniseri

Comments: America has become like a bully because it can!

As a former member of the US military, I think that NATO should participate because it will give them the operational and situational practice of dealing with enemies who want to destroy them. At best, they need the experience of finding, closing in and destroying the enemy at his own making.

Europe is not pacifist but they need to put their own troops, to, at least, test them in an environment where they can be trained to decipher and put into practice their own military strategy in defense of their respective homelands. Is is better than war games but it will be real!

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2016 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

USA and NATO

US sends 1,600 tanks to the Netherlands as NATO's presence in Europe hits RECORD HIGH;

Plans to open more storage sites in Poland, Belgium and Germany have also been put forward as part of a £2.7billion ($3.4billion) Congress-approved scheme to boost Nato's presence in Europe. Ref. Source 3t.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

USA and NATO

President Donald Trump, in a joint news conference with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, said he no longer believes that the organization is "Obsolete," a view he expressed during the 2016 campaign.

"I said it was obsolete. It is no longer obsolete," Trump said, citing the group's recent anti-terrorism efforts. Stoltenberg noted in his opening remarks that NATO soldiers have fought terrorism for many years, including in Afghanistan.

“In facing our common challenges, we must also ensure that NATO members meet their financial obligations and pay what they owe. Many have not been doing that," Trump said. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

NATO & USA
A Friend

NATO & USA

I think the usefulness of NATO is reaching its end. Granted it is a good organization but the US can not and should not keep footing the bill for all that NATO is doing. If the other NATO countries can not step up and pay their fair share then maybe we stop supporting NATO.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

NATO & USA
A Friend

NATO & USA

KN,

For me, as long as Russia remains a threat I think NATO is a good counterweight. That said, I also agree that we need to get them to pay their fair share. Since the end of the Cold War, Europe has slashed defense spending. I mean, the largest member other than us is Germany and they can only field about 300 tanks. During the height of the cold war they had more than ten times that number. The other countries are as bad or worse.

Other than us there are four other countries meeting the NATO goal, Poland, Greece, Estonia, and Great Britain. Poland and Estonia because Russia petrifies them. Greece manages even though its economy is in a shambles. Great Britain because they are our number one ally in the world. This needs to change and the Trump administration has received some promises from NATO members that they will start meeting their goals.

The other good thing with NATO is it usually gives us a solid group of countries to go to when we need to form a coalition. They have backed us pretty consistently, along with Australia and New Zealand, since the first Gulf War (Desert Shield/Desert Storm). Not every country every time, but most have and it has been consistent.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

NATO & USA
A Friend

NATO & USA Politics Business Civil & History

Yes I know that NATO has done a lot of good for us and others since the end of WWII. I think it is gotten to the point that if these other nations do not pull their fair share then we should dissolve it. It may be extreme but we should stop funding all of this excessive stuff and start making sure our homeland is funded and not some strip of land that we really have no control over. If some of these other countries are still scared of Russia them maybe us backing off some will motivate them into action instead of empty promises.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: NATO & USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,