PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 6 of 17

Great and thanks! I will try to ease - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Jun, 2010 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 17 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP Only players interested in the Dark Calling Dungeons & Dragons Threads should create a character here. Dungeons and Dragons
3rd May, 2010 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 6

Ok, well never mind, keep your gold. Your character is accepted and ready for play. smile.gif

I would ask when you describe your character to the players please use a lot of description. Stating how tall you are what you look like, ect . . .

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 3rd May, 2010 - 3:20am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th May, 2010 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters
A Friend

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Character: Deltharian (Del)
Player: Geoff
Classes: Ranger
Level: 1
Race: Elf
Alignment: Neutral Good
Religion: Corellon Larethian
Experience: 0
Hit Points: 9
Base Attack Bonus: 1

Strength: 14 +2 Fortitude: 2+1=3
Dexterity: 18 +4 Reflex: 2+4=6
Constitution: 13 +1 Will: 0+2 =2
Intelligence: 12 +1 Initiative: 4 + = 4
Wisdom: 14 +2 Melee: 1+2+0=3
Charisma: 14 +2 Ranged: 1+4+0=5

Money: pp - 7 gp - 4 sp - Armor Class: 4+ 10 + 4 = 18
Skills:

craft 2 + 1 = 3
handle animal 2 + 2 = 4
heal 4 + 2 = 6
hide 3 + 3 = 6
knowledge dungeoneering 2 + 1 = 3
knowledge geography 1 + 1 = 2
knowledge nature 1 + 1 = 2
listen 4 + 2 = 6
move silently 2 + 4 = 6
ride 1 + 5 = 6
search 5 + 1 = 6
spot 4 + 2 = 6
survival 3 + 2 = 5
Immune to sleep

Equipment:

Longsword 1d8 (1)
Arrows (20) (2)
Studded leather +3 (1)
Shield, small, wood +1 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Grappling hook 4lb (1)
Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
Torch 1lb (3)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Healer's kit 1lb (1)
Traveler's outfit 5lb (1)

Feats/Specials:
armor proficiency light
martial weapon proficiency
point blank shot
shield proficiency
simple weapon proficiency
Favored enemy
Track, wild empathy

Languages:

Common
Elven
Orc

Favoured enemy: Orc

Magic Item: Composite Longbow (set to + 2 str) +1 orc bane (+2d6 damage to orcs)

p.s. I know I rolled well with my stats - if you would like me to nerf them a bit let me know.

27th May, 2010 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Nope, looks good, your character is accepted and ready for play. Feel free to join in game whenever your ready, welcome. smile.gif

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2010 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Hello,

I haven't played in years but I am wanting to get back into the game. I am also new to this site but like the attitude and the post every couple days idea, it sounds like the perfect venue to ease back into the game.

I have been reading the DM postings and the player threads for the past couple days, and have been working on this character. If you are willing to take on a rusty AD&D player that is also a newbie to the forums, I'd like to join your current campaign.

Let me know your thoughts and any advice is welcome!

Character: Philosopheque (Philo) Player: GannonIndiana

Classes: Rogue Level:1
Race: Half Elf Experience: 0

Alignment: True Neutral Religion: Olidammara

Hit Points: 7
Base Attack Bonus: 0

Strength: 15 +2 Fortitude: 0+1=1
Dexterity: 17 +3 Reflex: 2+3=5
Constitution: 12 +1 Will: 0+-1=-1
Intelligence: 17 +3 Initiative: 3+4=7
Wisdom: 9 -1 Melee: 0+2+0=2
Charisma:13 +1 Ranged: 0+3+0=3

Money: pp -0 gp -11 sp -1
Armor Class: 3 + 10 + 0 = 13

WEAPONS: ARMOR:
Dagger 1d4 (1) Leather +2 (1)
Quarterstaff 1d6 (1)
Sword, short 1d6 (1)
Shortbow 1d6 (1)
Arrows (20) (1)
Caltrops 2lb (2)

EQUIPMENT:
Backpack 2lb (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Candle (10) (1)
Canvas 1lb (1)
Crowbar 5lb (1)
Fishhook (3)
Flask (3) (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Grappling hook 4lb (1)
Mirror (1)
Mug 1lb (1)
Pouch, belt 3lb (1)
Rations 1lb (3)
Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
Sack (1)
Sewing needle (2)
Soap 1lb (1)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Whetstone 1lb (1)
Thieves' tools 1lb (1)
Traveler's outfit 5lb (1)

FEATS/SPECIALS:
armor proficiency light
improved initiative
simple weapon proficiency
Sneak attack
Trapfinding

SKILLS:
appraise 2 + 3 = 5
balance 2 + 3 = 5
bluff 1 + 1 = 2
climb 2 + 2 = 4
decipher script 2 + 3 = 5
disable device 2 + 3 = 5
escape artist 3 + 3 = 6
gather information 2 + 1 = 3
hide 3 + 3 = 6
jump 2 + 2 = 4
knowledge architecture 1 + 3 = 4
knowledge local 1 + 3 = 4
knowledge nature 1 + 3 = 4
listen 3 + -1 = 2
move silently 2 + 3 = 5
open lock 2 + 3 = 5
profession 1 + -1 = 0
search 3 + 3 = 6
sleight of hand 1 + 3 = 4
spot 3 + -1 = 2
survival 1 + -1 = 0
swim 1 + 2 = 3
tumble 1 + 3 = 4
use rope 2 + 3 = 5

LANGUAGES:
Common
Elven
Goblin
Halfling
Orc

BACKGROUND:
Philosopheque was born to a well-to-do family of merchants. His father was a charming Elf merchant of high standing; his mother was a beautiful but shrewd Human from one of the larger cities. His charm and her beauty brought them together where they discovered their mutual love of travel and trade.

Always a rebellious child, Philosopheque was constantly in trouble for balking at his parents" orders or fighting with the other children who traveled with his parent's caravans. There were always complaints concerning his attitude toward others.

Although a smart child, he had no understanding of the world. When traveling, he stayed in fine houses and visited the courts of the powerful nobles and kings. He traveled the continent in his parent's grand wagon, and though they had many employees to set up and take down camp, cook, care for the animals, and trade goods, Philosopheque viewed these folk as servants and expected better treatment from them.

Until he ran away.

He learned quickly how the world really works. His small savings quickly ran out and Philosopheque found himself sleeping in alleys, stealing food, and robbing the drunk. The fights in camp were no preparation for the beatings he received in the back alleys from other thieves or the not-so-drunk victims he tried to rob.

Philosopheque soon developed loose alliances with other younglings living off the streets. These almost-friends nicknamed him Philo, and taught him the laws that applied to the lawless. Already an agile and dexterous child, he quickly learned to utilize these skills for entering properties and opening of purses, locks, and chests. Despite how scary and painful the beatings were, they led to discovering the art of fighting and self-defense and the development of his body into a strong and lean tool for survival.

He recalls those childhood days with a wry grin, remembering what he had and threw away, as he looks around the littered and leaky room of the abandoned house, that for tonight, he is calling home. Philo's attitude has drastically changed and he no longer takes anything for granted. Every day is a struggle to survive, and every morning is a new gift from the gods.

Philo is just above average height with deeply tanned skin from his years of living in the open and traveling from town to city to village. His hair is a dark blonde, almost brown and is ragged, sawed off just below his shoulders. He has eyes that are a dark piercing green, always darting from place to place in search of danger or opportunity. His political and religious views are pretty simple, "Will it affect me and how?"

Having learned to survive on his own, Philo is beginning to wonder what else there is to life.
Should he try to find his family?
Will they take him back?
Does he want to go back?
Or should he venture out on his own to find his own path?

19th Jun, 2010 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Everything looks great, I like the detail. I am wondering if you would like to pick a magical item. I did not see one in the equipment. I encourage starting players to pick a minor magical item of their choice.

When you join in the player thread I would ask that you post an ooc message that there is more information on your character in the character thread. This way the players will be able to read about your background as well.

I don't know if you want join in during the battle, after, or possibly after the dungeon. I don't have a preference, though when you join in it should be tactful.

Lastly welcome, I am glad to have another player. Things are going to start getting pretty interesting here in a bit. smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 19th Jun, 2010 - 6:02am

19th Jun, 2010 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Welcome, good to have you aboard, looks good. I personally like the "post every day or two (or sometimes three)", though I also play realtime tabletop games with friends locally - I have my own forums I have run games on and I like the couple day turnaround on turns for a group and GM.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jun, 2010 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 6

Skills neatened up

spot 5=8 | open lock 5=11
listen 5=8 | dis device 5=12
search 5=10 | hide 5=11
bluff 5=8 | move silently 5=11
diplomac 5=12| sleight' hand 5=11
sense mo 5=8 | tumble 5=11
Jump 5=8

includes all synergy, feat and luck stone bonuses.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2010 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Great and thanks!
I will try to ease myself in to the current setting.

I was looking through the magic equipment links hoping to find something like a ring of skill that could help in several areas.

But alas, I saw nothing...

I did notice the ring of Chameleon Power:
**As a free action, the wearer of this ring can gain the ability to magically blend in with the surroundings. This provides a +10 competence bonus on his/her Hide checks. As a standard action, he/she can also command the ring to utilize the spell disguise self as often as he/she wants.**

If this is OK with you, I will add it to my equipment list

Philo will have picked this up some time in the past and has kept it because he feels it is lucky. He has made it through a lot of close calls since he began wearing the ring, but does not realize the full potential, as you can't really determine how well your hiding. Philo knows nothing of the spell or other powers...its just a good looking ring that he feels is really lucky!

First and foremost, Philo is a survivor.

Because of a sense of honor, he will not abandon his companions until the last possible moment, but he will prefer to avoid fights if the odds are not good. Sneaking, ambushing, fighting from a distance are all reasonable ... No, brilliant! forms of combat in his mind.

His weapon of choice will be the shortbow from a distance or a dagger from behind.
In face to face combat (never a real choice), Philo will use the shortsword and dagger in the offhand.

The quarterstaff is more for helping with disguises or entering those unnaturally high windows that were once fashionable than fighting.

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.