PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 8 of 17

Oh where to start!? A monks belt only - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Oct, 2010 - 3:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 17 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP Only players interested in the Dark Calling Dungeons & Dragons Threads should create a character here. Dungeons and Dragons
8th Sep, 2010 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 8

Sure the ring you stated is approved for starting characters. I encourage my players to add a lot of details to their character. Maybe think up some reason why you have the ring and add it into your background.

The thread that players post in for my game is titled: PbP DnD Dark Calling Party Thread. The other threads with the Dark Calling title in them are also related to my campaign.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 8th Sep, 2010 - 5:19am

Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2010 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Hey just went back to see Rentoks character creation part, and his dryad thing has huge miuses to its ability scores so just wated to suggest a balancing, was bored and had time to kill.

normal dryads get charm person and suggestion as spell like abilities so I was thinking reflect this with a +2 to diplomacy and bluff.
They have bark skin and plus 3 nat armour maybe give just +1
and maybe charm animal once a day instad of person and all the animal affinity.

So I think a demi dryad could look something like this

(this reflects stats currently)
ST: -8
DX: -2
CN: -2
CH: +2

Nat Armour +1
Immune to Sleep
+2 vs Enchantment
Low-Light Vision
+2 compotency on diplomacy and bluff
charm animal once a day

(personally the charisma bonus could be a bit higher too as there is still a minus of 10 stat points and these bonuses while cute are nothing really.)

1st Oct, 2010 - 5:44am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yeah that all looks fine except the charm animal. I don't want her to have any innate abilities (yet). The little bonus to her charisma seems ok like a +4 instead of +2. She does have some super low abilities. I think some compensation for that isn't going to be a game changer.

If Myranni agrees to it and their are no other objections it is cleared.

Thanks testsubject1 wink.gif

1st Oct, 2010 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Uh... Yeah, that's cool. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I'll make the changes real quick then.

Thanks for catching that.

11th Oct, 2010 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Servax, wood elf monk, hp 8

Str 20
Dex 17
Con 11
Int 13
Wis 16
Cha 10

is there any chance I can lower the cha for either wisdom or str? I was thiking maybe a half undead or something? so he would look real gastly and maybe not heal to well? welcoming any suggestions.

Looking forward to joining your game smile.gif

oh and as for the bonus item would a monks belt be ok?
and if its alright with you I think an appropriate place for my character to start would be amongst the thugs aive is talking to?

thannks

12th Oct, 2010 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters

I got a far better idea

A dark experiment...

After hours and hours of torture and mutilation, all the suffering and pain by the hands of many as they chant prod and play with the vilest of instrument, cruelest of magics and gruesomest of components, still you would wish it had never ended if only what comes next never would.

A hand no a claw reaches into you from some netherworld igniting your living flesh in fierce unholy flames as it wretches your soul apart while crushing your beating heart.

You are dragged through hell and then tossed back to the forefront of your mind,
to be confronted with the rituals ending and your discarded body.

Amongst all the pain you feel a slither of its infernal power, a mere residue that the creature left behind along with hints of an eternal wisdom, that resided with in your body and mind. Its not all it left you with, the scars and burns so gruesome and repellant will never heal magic or otherwise and your mind is forever more damaged for less of words, a good nights rest is now but a myth and no matter your deeds your presence will always be dark and show that of evil. Even if you wanted to recall the events of that night/month you never can, nor can you speak of it, and if you push yourself the stronger seizing pains throb on your brain and body.

bonus starting feat
-6 cha
-4int
+4str
+2wis
-5 concentrate (the damaged mind cant focus as well as it once could)
Night terrors
will save dc 20 every morning to shake the nightmares or be shaken for 2d4 hours
darkvision 60ft
Evil appearance

smile.gif ?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Oct, 2010 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 8

Ok, here's the thing. I like the creative part but I can't let you start with mad abilities. I allowed some exceptions with Myranni because the character has been here for a while. Some of what you have there looks fine. I don't want to raise the strength any more than a +5 though. That's already high, any higher and your going to be able to body slam a horse.

How about you start out with something a little simpler and develope as you go. We can figure whatever evil created you grows in power as you do.

Also I don't want this to be unfair for Lwentano, Philo, Aive, and whoever else. My biggest fear has been that players are going to tweak their characters out of proportion. I can see where this is going and I kind of like the idea. Let's keep it simple for a little while longer though.

Anyway I like the idea, go with it. I need a more filled out character though. Bonus strength no, +5 is high enough (for now). More wisdom with a loss in charisma, sure but lets stay at 18.

I'm not sure how the half undead thing would work. Your half alive? Doesn't that make you fully dead? Anyway how are you going to be accepted by two half elves and a beautiful tree woman if you smell, and have the aura of death.

The belt is too good of a magical item for starting characters, sorry.

Suggestion: pick up at least one silver weapon.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 13th Oct, 2010 - 7:10am

13th Oct, 2010 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

Oh where to start!?

A monks belt only cost 300 more then a chamelon ring and less than my stone, its not that great so I really think its unfair to not allow it, at the current lvl it grants 1 to ac and turns a d6 damage to a d8. hardly extreme.

18max on a stat?! tree lady has 22, a half orc can have a str score of 20 and I'm sure a +2 to str starting item so 22 isnt that extreme and hardly out of proportion.
for all those continous minuses not to mention the link to the story.

Out of proportion is giving the current strongest (and only)combat character, a weapon no one has yet been able to afford.

Personally we need some more muscle in the team,

And unless you have a chart for this power that grows as he dose I don't see how its going to work, or not be unfair on the others.

Also the half undead was my idea and I stick by it as being plausable, being as undead have negative energyholding them together and forcing the lifeless corpse to function, what if this same energy began fusing in a living creature,

beside the obvious half half scenario you could have them diluting one another (the positive and negative energy) meaning you only ever heal half as much as you normally would natural or magical, you eat sleep and breath half as much as negative energy is partly sustaining you. I think it would be a great concept to play with. You could have a death clock and nead to keep obtaining some item or potion to keep it in balance or die. Would make a great solo game,

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.