PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 2 of 17

Player: Thomaslee Name: Gabriel Mechtilde, - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2010 - 2:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP Only players interested in the Dark Calling Dungeons & Dragons Threads should create a character here. Dungeons and Dragons
20th Mar, 2010 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 2

I would ask every level one character to pick one minor magical item.

Restricted magical items include: Specific armor, Specific shield, Special ability and roll again, Roll twice again, Specific weapon, all Minor Wondrous Items, no Intelligent Items, no artifacts, no cursed, or epic items, and no Psionic items.

This means the PC's now in game can choose one magical item and those characters that follow, at their first level. This represents the PC's uniqueness in the world and their heroic calling. Usually the item will have been given to them by a family member, possibly passed down.

To clarify these Minor Magical Items include: Armor, Weapons, Potions and Oils, Rings, Rods, Scrolls, Staffs, and Wands. However does not allow the PC to roll again, it is only a singular bonus to the item that is allowed. Post your magical item choice here in character thread for verification by GM.

Because this is a new rule I will allow current PC's to exchange their mundane items for full value. Meaning if you pick a magical sword and already bought one. You get the original gold back for the regular sword that is being replaced.

Items with charges are subject to Gm for number of charges in the item at start.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 20th Mar, 2010 - 4:35am

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2010 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

So in other words, something from Magic Items 1 - IV, here? Source 2

Valdien's last mentor and friend of her uncle's, Sir Cenric of Brightfall, a faithful believer and knight but not a Paladin, upon his death, bequeathed his equipment to the Cormyran squire, including a suit of scale mail, warhammer, steel shield and longsword.

Sir Cenric always treated the sword with respect and reverence and although he told tales of his life when he did wield it in his campaigns, rarely touched it later in his life, saying it was not a trinket or simple tool or weapon to be used for mundane purposes. It was his father's, and he claimed it had been blessed by one of the rare Templar Commanders of Heironeous, in appreciation for the elder knight's selfless dedication and wisdom in the service of the god of justice - the blade had been named Earnest Faith, or simply Faith. Cenric said although it might just be his own imagination and belief or gullibility, he always felt the weapon was different, and he always felt comforted and confident when using it.

The intricately scrimshawed longsword is lighter than a normal longsword, more like a shortsword, due to fine craftsmanship and slight divine imbuing, and I'd like it to actually grant a +1 AC bonus or something, in trade for the usual To Hit, as it would help to explain Valdien's (hopefully) impressive skill, for a young squire.

21st Mar, 2010 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

To be clear you are saying you want this sword to be a defending sword.

international QUOTE
A defending weapon allows the wielder to transfer some or all of the sword's enhancement bonus to his AC as a bonus that stacks with all others. As a free action, the wielder chooses how to allocate the weapon's enhancement bonus at the start of his turn before using the weapon, and the effect to AC lasts until his next turn.

So with this magical weapon your allowed to choose as a free action wether to use the bonus as an attack and damage bonus or an ac bonus. I will allow that but only as a +1 weapon.

Does this seem like what you want?

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 21st Mar, 2010 - 5:41am

21st Mar, 2010 - 5:53am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Oh wow. I was assuming it was a +1 if that, and would be either/or attack or defense - I'm not up on this "defender" stuff and the ability to decide AC or Hit bonus - that's awesome. If that's possible, yes that's what I'd like, that seems useful and fitting without being unbalancing, as it's basically just a +1 to a roll.

21st Mar, 2010 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I have accepted your Longsword (defending +1) and received your character on my file. For information on the sword, see Source 2 scroll down about 1/2 of the way. Look under defending and it gives an explanation.

Just try and state before attacking if the +1 is for defending or attacking.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 21st Mar, 2010 - 6:03am

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2010 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters
A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters

I do not wish to have any magical item at this time. I am happy with my character as he is now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Mar, 2010 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 2

I was a bit unclear before, special abilities are available, but not the roll again. The special ability must be a minor one.

22nd Mar, 2010 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Player: Thomaslee
Name: Gabriel Mechtilde, brother of Valdalyn Mechtilde (this is only if JPatt is still looking for the connection with Valdalyn Mechtilde, I can change the name if not.)
Race: Human
Class: Level 1 Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Good
Religion: Heironeus
Hit Points: 13

Strength: 15, 2
Dexterity: 14, 2
Constitution: 15, 3
Intelligence: 16, 2
Wisdom: 14, 2
Charisma: 17, 3

Fortitude: 2+3 =5
Reflex: 0+2 =2
Will: 0+2 = 2
Initiative: 2+0 =2
Melee: 1+2+0 =3
Ranged: 1+2+0 =3
Armour Class: 2+10+0 =12

Money: gp 1, sp 6

Skills:
diplomacy 4+3 =7
handle animal 4+3 =7
heal 3+2 =5
knowledge nobility 3+3 =6
knowledge religion 3+3 =6
ride 4+2 =6
sense motive 3+2 =5

Equipment:
Dawnbringer: Longsword (Magic Weapon; attacking +1)
Chain shirt +4 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Bottle (1)
Canvas 1lb (1)
Ink (1)
Inkpen (1)
Lamp 1lb (1)
Mirror (1)
Oil 1lb (3)
Paper (8)
Pouch, belt 3lb (1)
Rations 1lb (10)
Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
Sewing needle (1)
Soap 1lb (5)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Whetstone 1lb (1)
Holy Symbol, silver 1lb (1)
Cold weather outfit 7lb (1)
Explorer's outfit 8lb (1)
Warhorse, light (1)
Riding saddle 25lb (1)
Saddlebags 8lb (1)

Feats/Specials:
armor proficiency light
armor proficiency medium
armor proficiency heavy
martial weapon proficiency
mounted combat
shield proficiency
simple weapon proficiency
weapon focus
Aura of good
detect evil, smite evil

Languages:
Common
Draconic
Celestial
Sylvan

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Mar, 2010 - 2:40pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.