PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 11 of 17

I can sort of make out what you have there - Page 11 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Feb, 2011 - 7:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 17 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP Only players interested in the Dark Calling Dungeons & Dragons Threads should create a character here. Dungeons and Dragons
11th Feb, 2011 - 7:33am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 11

Hi Kujin, I am taking in characters and your kobold concept is acceptable. I will warn though that kobolds are not accepted in town or by the civilized populous. Unless maybe if you are a slave or something along those lines. Even then you may run into bumps along the way.
Also I don't allow chaotic evil characters or those that are playing simply to be a stick in the parties wheels.

As for character suggestions I say go with what you know and or like. I try to center the campaign around the devil template so you can be sure they will pop up from time to time.

I want to toss in here too that characters start with a minor magical item and mutation. There is more information on mutations in the rules thread.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 11th Feb, 2011 - 7:39am

Sponsored Links:
12th Feb, 2011 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

After a day of hard thought about my Kobold I have decided against it. On a positive note I have developed a new character.

Character: Ra Xim
Player: Kujin
Classes: Fig1
Level: 1
Race: Gnome
Alignment: Neutral Good
Religion: Garl Glittergold
Experience: 0
Hit Points: 14
Base Attack Bonus: 2

Strength: 13, 1
Dexterity: 15, 2
Constitution: 18, 4
Intelligence: 12, 1
Wisdom: 12, 1
Charisma: 10, 0

Fortitude: 2 + 4 = 6
Reflex: 0 + 2 = 2
Will: 0 + 1 = 1
Initiative: 2 + 0 = 2
Melee: 2 + 1 + 0 = 3
Ranged: 2 + 2 + 0 = 4

Skills:
climb 4 + 1 = 5
hide 4 + 2 = 2
intimidate 4 + 0 = 4
jump 4 + 1 = 5

Feats/Specials:
armor proficiency light
armor proficiency medium
armor proficiency heavy
martial weapon proficiency
shield proficiency
simple weapon proficiency
tower shield proficiency

Languages:
Common
Gnome
Goblin

Equipment:
Dagger 1d4 (1)
Battleaxe 1d8 (1) (+3 magical item)
Shortbow 1d6 (1)
Arrows (20) (1)
Scale Mail +4 (1)
Shield, large, steel +2 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Flask (3) (2)
Flint/steel (1)
Grappling hook 4lb (1)
Lantern, hooded 2lb (1)
Oil 1lb (5)
Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
Waterskin 4lb (1)

Money: pp- 0, gp- 0, sp- 0
AC: 3 + 10 + 6 = 19

And for my mutation could I adopt your AC bonus skin idea? Using the same concept of it breaking away or having to chisel it off and it eventually consume my body resulting in death? (I am not sure how big it would effect me stat-wise)

Reconcile Edited: Kujin on 12th Feb, 2011 - 5:37am

12th Feb, 2011 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The mutation would equal out to a +1 AC at first and then eventually raise to +2. Your skin would then be much harder and stone like in its texture. As the bonus increases so does the hardness of the skin. Eventually your character will need to trim the stone with some sort of tool to prevent buildup. You could also role play in other things such as randomly feeling the need to eat pebbles or something to that affect. That is entirely up to you though. Further Gurtems (a leech-like worm) are going to be available to stop the mutation from killing the character. You won't need them right away but only as the mutation progresses.

Your armor is going to bring a -4 to most of your skills. I read your other post in the questions thread and adding rations is not a problem. I am seeing you have a +3 magical battleaxe. That will have to be reduced to a +2 battleaxe.

Besides that everything seems to be in order.

As for your character starting off I am thinking it will need to be in Klagek or Shaderoot forest. Sir Garasthar is currently fighting some centipedes and I can't see how I can drop you into that dungeon tactfully. I would either say introduce yourself once they are out and in the woods or back in Klagek, up to you how and when. It will probably be several days real time before they are out.

12th Feb, 2011 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

That's fine. I am in no rush and that gives me time to work on a background. (Plus I need to do some last minute valentine's day shopping...)

Sorry about the +3 battleaxe (I read somewhere the cap was 18k for magic items) but the +2 is still more than generous to start with.

I figured the armor would effect skills to some degree. Would you suggest something else in it's place? Especially seeing as I have a natural armored skin.

12th Feb, 2011 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Characters Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

The only skill I see the armor being a real problem with is hide. I wouldn't worry about that though because your a fighter not a rouge. I would leave it the way it is, the extra armor will come in handy.

13th Feb, 2011 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters

Oops, sorry to post again but I forgot to choose my feats, the ones above are the fighter starting feats and nothing more. So for my feats I select:
-Point blank shot
-Weapon focus (Battleaxe)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2011 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters
A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters - Page 11

This is the first time I have done this, so please correct me if I did something incorrectly. I copied these from the character generator.

Player Dan
Name Gashron
Race Human
RaceNum 0
StartingClass 0
Barbarian 1
Bard 0
Cleric 0
Druid 0
Fighter 0
Monk 0
Paladin 0
Ranger 0
Rogue 0
Sorcerer 0
Wizard 0
Alignment 5
Religion 14
Strength 14 14
Dexterity 10 10
Constitution 13 13
Intelligence 14 14
Wisdom 11 11
Charisma 12 12
Money 120
BaseAttackBonus 1
FortitudeSave 2
WillSave 0
ReflexSave 0
HitPoints 13
ArmourBonus 0
ArmourIndex -1
ShieldIndex -1
Feat 4 1
Feat 5 1
Feat 64 1
Feat 84 1
Feat 87 1
Language 4
NOTES

15th Feb, 2011 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 11

I can sort of make out what you have there but can you cut out some of that information that isn't needed. Also your feats and stuff should be words instead of numbers. Please take a look at how the others have done it and try to copy that format. smile.gif

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.