Play By Post D&D Dark Calling Game - Page 9 of 64

Myranni I know you expressed wanting to scout - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2010 - 6:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 64 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (64) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons Play By Post This thread is were the GM will post what is going on in the game. Also the Party Leader will post here the actions of the party. Oliron as DM.
Dungeons and Dragons
20th May, 2010 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Dark Calling Game - Page 9

After a strong (rather noisy) discussion of what action to take, the party figures moving into the cave for cover can't hurt at this point. Aive moves into the cave with stealth. He sees no targets hostile or otherwise.

When just entering the cave the party makes note of small rocks that have seemingly been excavated from the cave. They have been dumped down the hill slope, piling up in a small "valley" 30 feet below. A broken hammer lays just outside the cave entrance.

The cave entrance is 15 feet wide and 10 feet high. The inside of the cave is 20 to 25 feet wide and 10 to 15 feet high, varying. The cave room floor and ceiling is about 30 square feet in space.

Nothing in the cave seems notable, it looks like a normal cave. A tunnel leads off into the dark in the north west corner. The entrance to this tunnel is just under 7 feet high and a little over 4 feet wide. (For the purposes of the game figure it is 10 feet high and 5 feet wide.)

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 20th May, 2010 - 10:32pm

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2010 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Game Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Lwentano the hammer looks like one that is used more for breaking rocks than for battle. Its wooden handle has been broken right below the metal head. The stones look like they have been chiseled off, probably from somewhere within the cave, and dumped here.

Meanwhile in the cave Gefuth and Aive move ahead slowly down the pitch black tunnel. Gefuth replies that he sees nothing, only tunnel. Aive you hear silence and Gefuth's rapid breathing. You report your findings back to the group.

Myrrani you begin to travel to the top of the hill. Your body is too weary from traveling all day however. Your legs feel like they have stones attached to them and are aching from the strain.

Val shares her doubts with the exploration of said cave.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 22nd May, 2010 - 3:34am

22nd May, 2010 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Dark Calling Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Aive you head down the tunnel and come to a fork 60 feet in. It branches off to the left and right.

Myranni you continue up the hill. You feel yourself slipping into unconsciousness, but maintain. The hill top is still about 120 feet away.

23rd May, 2010 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Game Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

Aive you begin to search for traps and are moving with the party further down the tunnel on the right. After 60 feet the party comes upon some stairs that have been cut from the stone floor, leading down.

Just as you begin pondering a decent you hear a gruff voice speak from below, "Stand were ye are, thats far enough. Tell me, what is your business in me cave, . . An don't ye be tryin anythin funny either."

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 23rd May, 2010 - 5:45pm

25th May, 2010 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Game Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons Post Play

It appears Val and Gefuth are the only one behind you Aive. Val some distance back, not wanting to go further. Lwentano is waiting at the entrance with Myranni.

The voice replies, " No, I'd rather not give ye me name. Ye can rest inside the cave entrance tonight. Ye bloody well be gone in the mornin though. Don't be pokin around down here either, yer liable to get yerself killed an I ain't sheddin a tear. Plus ya ain't wanted, no hard feelins.

You hear a similar gruff voice spout, "Aye !", then chuckle.

25th May, 2010 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Play By Post D&D Dark Calling Game

"Look boy, I don't want to kill ye but I will if ya come further. Me friends and I are not wanting to be disturbed here, and you are disturbin. Turn back or be slain, last warnin.", the voice sounds angry and serious. You hear the sound of what you think are several crossbows being cranked into locked position.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 25th May, 2010 - 6:32pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th May, 2010 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D Dark Calling Game - Page 9

Aive you could only hear the voice to make your sense motive on so you will have a very limited conclusion. As far as you can tell though they were definitely going to shoot you. They are up to something down there you have a hunch, and they don't want other people to know what it is. Again this is your personal hunch and not by any means based on solid evidence.

Is the party setting up camp and sleeping now? That is what it sounded like so I will say that the night goes by uneventful.

If everyone was done with their actions and such, figure it is now morning.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 26th May, 2010 - 5:27pm

27th May, 2010 - 6:31am / Post ID: #

Play Post D&D Dark Calling Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

Myranni I know you expressed wanting to scout the area from on top of the hill. From on top of the hill you spot hills in every direction. South you can make out what you think is a river, past some smaller hills. To the east you see signs of Blatuk river past smaller hills. North and west you see bigger hills than the one you are now.

Decide what direction you are traveling in, or what other actions you are making.

GM notes: North from here should lead you in the direction of the evacuated goblins cave. If you head back east to the river you can take the northwest path to be sure to find the cave.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 27th May, 2010 - 6:39am

> TOPIC: Play By Post D&D Dark Calling Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.