PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 6 of 82

Sir Valdien watches the "monk" disapprovingly, - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Mar, 2010 - 12:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 82 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (82) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is where the players will post their actions and thoughts on the game. Dungeons and Dragons
27th Mar, 2010 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 6

ooc: I can wait for JPatt to post if you would like, and anyone else.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

OOC: Yeah I think we should ride in the wagon. Save some wear on the boots.

IC:Lwentano looks a bit closer at the young lady and sees that she does not seem to have any weapons besides her dress. HE has heard of some monks who have developed a fighting style without weapons. HE is glad to have met one now.

Yeah we can share a few ales and have a good time remembering this adventure. I take ye for a monk as I see you have no weapon. I prefer to use a sword and if I can a bow to kill from afar.

27th Mar, 2010 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

ooc: Sorry to gum up your party thread, I don't think it is necessary to wait. Like I said JPatt can introduce himself later if he wants otherwise their isn't mutch for him to post anyways yet. This way I can get started on the next game post.

28th Mar, 2010 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Kiaya runs her hands through her straight black hair as she looks again at Lwentano "Aye, I stated earlier that I was a monk, and indeed I prefer what god has blessed me with rather than a straight edged slab of steel made of the finest craftsmanship." she explains feeling a good about herself.

28th Mar, 2010 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

ooc: Oliron, where do I post as Party Leader? I don;t see a Party Leader Thread.

28th Mar, 2010 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Kiaya waves goodbye to the farmer "Fare thee well, My Goodman." she called as the wagon moved out of eye's view.

She turns to the rest of the crew in curiosity "Well" she began "thus trail appears to head north east through the forest. However, we know not how deep thus forest is.... Perchance we should wait until morrow and set up camp somewhere close?"

Kiaya takes a seat on a nearby flat rock and awaits the party leader's final decision

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2010 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 6

Aye I agree. Let us make a nice camp and wait the night out before we attempt to cross the forest. I would like to be out in the open in case some goblins wish to temp fate and die at the end of my sword.

Lwentano relaxes along side the road as he checks his sword and bow. He wants to keep both in good shape and ready at a moments notice.

29th Mar, 2010 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Sir Valdien watches the "monk" disapprovingly, even having to close "his" eyes to get a grip on his emotions and sense of utter disdain for such crude behavior, especially for a monk, who are supposed to be, at least in Valden's experience, like any other religious adherent, paragons of virtue, composure and propriety. This woman was certainly not that!

And a woman, no less - the masquerading girl paladin sighed outwardly in disappointment at such an example of aggressively bad judgment and vice, which knows no gender boundaries, obviously. But virtue and chivalry and the conviction of belief in a higher power demands that everyone be seen as inherently good and worthy people - some are just lost or midsguided, but Heironeous' affection for the downtrodden, innocent and the disadvantaged are clear in situations like this.

Sir Valdien approaches the woman, heroically adopting a cordial bearing, smiling, though with a bit of effort, and bows perfunctorally and easily.

"Mademoiselle," he says by way of introduction in practiced flowing common, heavily accented and peppered with Cormyrian, "Welcome, and do take care to steady yourself. I am Sieur Valdien Mechidieux, Cormyrian Holy Chevalier of Heironeous the Just, always ready to answer the call of adventure and pleas of the defenseless and innocent, crying out for wrongs to be righted! I apologize but I must sort a few things out so I'll have to take my leave of you after such a brief introduction."

With that out of the way, Val is not quite sure how to proceed, but knows he has to get things straightened out with his brother, as he's continuing to be a real irritation at times. He smiles and bows again to the monk, then approaches Gabriel somewhat conspiratorially.

"Now, brother, you're older but that doesn't make you my guardian - I'm of age and following my own path in life. And here you are too, as you seem to always be. I love you and am glad of your presence and also dedication to Heironeous, but sometimes you press too much - your attitude of babysitting wears on me and vexes me greatly. I beg you, though we are family and bound to this take before us, you must let me be myself; be beside me, not above me."

DIGRESSION: The rest of the below is just me apparently doing character development, so it really isn't necessary to read, but I wrote it and didn't want to just delete it. I hadn't planned on it, I just wrote the above and then just kept writing - it's out of my head straight to the keyboard so apologies if it doesn't make much sense or isn't a very good motivation, to anyone that reads it.

This is why I must must maintain my charade, she thinks to herself, both pitying and judging the drunken wretch. Perhaps in some far off future, women will hold their own and be seen as equals, but in this world, though it isn't as obvious as some might say, women are patronized and given little credit, with expectations of certain characteristics, and seen as weak. That can never be me, Valdienne thought to him/herself, knowing that only once she truly earned the knightly title she has already claimed and vicariously inherited - once she became a true order-pledged paladin of Heironeous, could she feel comfortable with revealing herself to others, and to emerge from the necessary subterfuge, having proven herself in spite of her sex, and be an example to men and women alike, of what can be accomplished, regardless of being male or female. But for now, she needs to be taken seriously, and so she wears her mask.

Rather off topic, but...

Goodnight Irene! I'm SO sorry, everyone! I thought I JUST posted yesterday, in both Oliron and KNtoran's threads, and I log in to read the threads and there's dozens of posts! I've lost over a day somewhere, my schedule is completely messed up - it's 6 am right now and I haven't been to bed yet, and have an appointment to pick up meds at 2 pm - I'm being taken off some and put on a new one, so I think a lot of it is a side effect of the medication change messing with brain chemicals or something. I'm just all over the place. But I'll keep up and post, I'm just trying to get my bearings, I apologize for not posting for like three pages and missing the timely introduction. Just bear with me if you please.

Also, only Valdienne's brother knows he's a girl, is the thing, she's just an extremely fresh-faced, very young looking young man, looking a bit undersized for his role as a paladin, as far as how she presents herself to others, affecting a slightly deeper voice and imitating and incorporating various characteristics of men she sees, swaggering, firm posture, etc.

Also, quite the crazy and interesting character, Rissa! I've played some wacky ones as a comic relief no-brainer mindset, but yours is really well-developed, very quickly. I can see and hear exactly the scenes you describe, the mannerisms and inflections in the voice, with her actions.

Is there a known actress or role that you could equate to your character? Maybe it's cheap or lazy, but I like to use characters I've seen or read as a base for most of my PCs, so I've done Shanghai Noon's Owen Wilson , Indiana Jones, SG-A's Rodney McKay, etc. And I find it helps me visualize scenes and people better, though as I said, I definitely got a very clear picture of your PC, and maybe that's why I'm wondering - it almost seems a familiar character. I guess the closest I have for my character is a variation of Mila Jovavich's Joan of Arc, but I'm desperately working on developing some adventure-friendly goals and views and personal details that still reflect the paladin idea, and also address the gender, and remain hopefully original.

At any rate, sorry for the huge [ offtopic ] box - but what an excellent and verbose picture you present, Rissa - kudos!

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 29th Mar, 2010 - 12:14pm

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.